If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

I'm biased because I was born and raised here in Montana, originally from the northeast corner of the state, but now in the southeast corner. Alot of folks like the mountains of the western side, but for me, I like the roughness of the badlands and the foothills of the rockies.

There are so many recreational opportunties out here, the fall brings bird hunting....grouse, huns, pheasants, turkey and doves, plus 1000's of ducks and geese....then you have antelope, elk, and deer hunting (both whitetails and mulies), coyotes, wolf, and mountain lion. Once the general season is over, it's all about calling coyotes! During the spring and summer you can hone your long range skills on a prairie dog town of your choice!

Since the intro of the wolf in the west, we have seen a huge increase in our elk populations around here...in the infamous Missouri breaks to my north, as well as the Custer Forest to my immediate south, and a nice population east of here....

Fishing is great, especially in Ft Peck, for walleye, salmon, northerns, perch....you name it. For me, I hit the Yellowstone River...especially since it is less than 100 yds from my house....fantastic spring, summer, and fall fishing for a variety of fish like walleye, sauger, northerns, catfish, and small mouth bass....

I too have lived in alot of different states over the years during my former career, from Northern Virginia, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, California, and Wyoming. For me, although there was something I like about each state (except Cali....there is nothing I liked at all there) , I am the happiest, most content, and comfortable right here in Montana.

Scott

Montana truly is first place in my heart.

The thing that gives me pause about Montana is my concern that it may be the next western state to become a "blue" state like Colorado and Nevada have.

When I lived in Montana, Bozeman was the wild and wooly cowboy town and Missoula was the granola town. The last time I was in Bozeman, I was dismayed to see that it, too, has become more of a granola town. It was starting to go that way when I left because of some carpet-bagging jackwagons from California who managed to insinuate themselves into the local chamber of commerce. I am just sorry to see that their power has continued to grow there.

That and the fact that Wyoming has no state income tax kind of make me lean more towards finding a spot in Wyoming. Still, Montana is like a first love that I never got over. I may find myself there yet!

I have been to Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Colorado, and some more but they arent exactly prime "hunting" states. And for the reason of scenery and hunting oppertunities Wyoming is 1st, Colorado 2nd, and Montana 3rd. When i am old enough and have enough money (hopefully anyways :rolleyes:) i want to move to wyoming, probably around Laramie.

I have been to Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Colorado, and some more but they arent exactly prime "hunting" states. And for the reason of scenery and hunting oppertunities Wyoming is 1st, Colorado 2nd, and Montana 3rd. When i am old enough and have enough money (hopefully anyways :rolleyes:) i want to move to wyoming, probably around Laramie.

Have been and living in a certain place(s) is not the same. As a military brat and retired military, I've traveled and lived in many states and countries.

Geez Riley, you're only 14 enjoy the moment ... :rolleyes::):D. Some of us are heading downhill, enjoyed it while you can. lightbulb

Ha hahaha !

Attachments

• kali.jpg
    kali.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 22
The long winters ran a lot of them off, but not before they did their damage to the local scene. The other problem with the invaders from California is that, like the locusts that they are, there is always another wave of them ready to replace those that leave.

The long winters ran a lot of them off, but not before they did their damage to the local scene. The other problem with the invaders from California is that, like the locusts that they are, there is always another wave of them ready to replace those that leave.

which is why I really have no use for anything west of Helena...especially around Missoula and Whitefish.....they moved here to get away from the craziness there, but brought a bunch of damaging changes here....wolves being one of their brainstorms!

Bozeman is still a very nice place and I still enjoy visiting there. It's just not the Bozeman I remember. My heart breaks every time I pass through. I would have to be somewhere else in Montana to be content.

Considering moving back to Wyoming, Idaho is getting way to crowded for me.

Plus the liberal transplants moving into Idaho are irritating the hell out of me.