WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE?

The only mistake you made was leaving your original home...haven't been anywhere better anywhere...PA, has everything anyone will ever need and more public land than most realize..

I live in Eastern Oregon and have a lake 9 miles from the house. 800 yard private range 3 miles from the door step, but plenty of blm lands to shoot and hunt on nearby. Greater Idaho would swallow up all the red sections so I'd like it. Low chances it will happen. With all the negatives of living with the skewed politcs of a blue state I'm thankful for what I have right now. Life is hard but at times I can't believe how blessed I am. Western Montana, base of the Bighorns Wyoming, Northern Idaho, Deadwood South Dakota, or Wasilla Alaska are all on my list.

Lots of migrants going the other way. Lots of really nice houses just south of Tijuana. Gun laws pretty stiff down there and alot of robberies of rich gringos. I'll pass although I really like Mexico and their people.
Mike
I don't even consider going fishing down there anymore. Too bad too La Paz, Loretto, and Cabo were fun places to go fishing.

A section of rolling hills with a live stream running thru it in south central Kansas. Prefer to be within 15 minutes to the boat ramp of a great walleye lake. 160 acres in CRP for pheasants, corn planted in the bottoms, a couple farm ponds with bluegill and bullhead for the grand kids. A nice horse barn, covered arena, and round pen for my wife. Big shop building for me.

A section of rolling hills with a live stream running thru it in south central Kansas. Prefer to be within 15 minutes to the boat ramp of a great walleye lake. 160 acres in CRP for pheasants, corn planted in the bottoms, a couple farm ponds with bluegill and bullhead for the grand kids. A nice horse barn, covered arena, and round pen for my wife. Big shop building for me.
I'd be happy with bluegills and bullheads for this big kid! Those are good eats!

Generally speaking we have it pretty good in Texas and there is something to hunt year round; not to mention we have tons of fishing opportunities both fresh and salt water.
BUT, the summers here are brutal and I HATE hot weather.

My choice would be somewhere in what I consider big sky country, Wyoming, Montana, etc…..

The one downside to PA is that they prohibit target shooting on public land. It's a real shame as I have several pipelines near me that would make for great practice.
Wow didn't know that. What if you are hunting Chucks on Pipelines?
I was born and raised in NE PA then moved away. For the past 25 years or so I have been coming back to hunt Chucks several times a year and the last 10 or so was on a lot of the Natural Gas Pipelines that ran through Dairy Farm Fields.
SO now these Pipelines are illegal to Hunt????

If you had enough money to live anywhere in the USA (only). Where would you stake a claim?

I am talking about being an avid hunter and fisher for both you and your spouse & family.

Personally Jill and I always wanted to live an area that was not too cold and not to hot, BUT had to be in an area Politically RED State Laws.

I know that a lot of you already live in GOD's Country and have fantastic places to live. Tell us you story.
For all of us that are still looking???

I have lived in NE PA – Born there and lived there until 17 then in the USMC. Great weather and people. Was one of the best States for Deer hunting. Neighboring States Residents would always hunt in PA. Everyone I knew growing up had the highest family morals. It's a BLUE State-Unions.

Then CT & New England – GREAT people along the NE coast. Great for fishing & bird hunting, have to get in the upper part of NE for Moose and big game. OLD USA and just beautiful seasons, great people. LOVED living there except- This is BLUE Country and not favorable for firearms so would not live there again. One of the BEST/Beautiful parts of North America to live in.

Lived in HI (10 years) hunted HOGS with SPEARS. Can't say much more than it is ABSOULTY PARADISE !!!!!! But not for a hunters' dream.

Currently living in GA. Can't get a better State for Hunting. Some Animal is always in Season and can hunt all year round. Just for Deer you can harvest (2) Bucks and (10) Does each season PLUS extra game areas for BUCKS. The Deer season is from Sept till Jan. I may be incorrect on this since I only hunt on my property for the past 12 years. In GA it has very mild winters, but the summers are brutal. It's 95 today and only June 14th​. Will be in the 100s the next few weeks and the humidity is what really hurts.

If Jill and I came into some money we would like to move to the Mid NW USA. A RED State where we could get a few hundred acres, have some livestock and a LOT of WILDERNESS close by so we could hunt Elk, Deer and Predators /Varmints. Not really too hot in the summers and have some snow in the winter.

Have a modest Log Cabin and a lake/stream close.

What is your HAPPY PLACE TO LIVE and HUNT & FISH?

Also if anyone hits the LOTO please keep us in mind and maybe front us a piece of land to put a Log Cabin on.

Thanks
Len & Jill

not sure what part of GA y'all are currently living in, but i'm now down here in coastal GA myself due to wifey being active duty. i love it here, NC will always be home but costal GA is my calling.

but as i get older, maine is becoming more appealing, same with alaska. but really, anyplace i can put down at least a 10 acre homestead, with gun laws like GA and NC, i'd be set for life

Wow didn't know that. What if you are hunting Chucks on Pipelines?
I was born and raised in NE PA then moved away. For the past 25 years or so I have been coming back to hunt Chucks several times a year and the last 10 or so was on a lot of the Natural Gas Pipelines that ran through Dairy Farm Fields.
SO now these Pipelines are illegal to Hunt????
The point I was trying to make is that, unlike out west, PA prohibits target shooting on public land. Hunting pipelines is not a problem.

If you had enough money to live anywhere in the USA (only). Where would you stake a claim?

Stanley, Idaho -- I've often been to the area and greatly admire the natural beauty of the region, specifically the neighboring wilderness, views, hunting/fishing opportunities ... and the sparsely-populated way of the place.

Close to decent skiing (Sun Valley, Grand Targhee). Close enough to the Tetons, within a few hours' drive (or flight). Piloting a decent small plane, such as a Pilatus PC-12, one could hit a lot of small runways and take in the grandeur of the region. Plenty of hunting and fishing. Lots of open land for a choice spot.

Right here at home. It took us years to finally get moved out to the ranch. Lived all over the country and world. We are truly blessed and we ain't going anywhere! The first photo is a group of axis about 75 yards out my back door.
But I would like to buy a quarter section or so in Southeastern Montana.....no antelope here!

Attachments

• IMG_3656.jpg
    IMG_3656.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 58389266279__C587417E-83CF-4886-AEA1-22F622B40438.JPG
    58389266279__C587417E-83CF-4886-AEA1-22F622B40438.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2745.JPG
    IMG_2745.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 39