If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

So, I have been considering moving out of state (NY) after I finish my BA in nursing. I don't know where to go, I hate it here in NY, the liberals, taxes, laws etc.

Texas has really caught my eye as of late, for the shooting, hunting, and horses. Thing is, I have only been to San Antonio and El paso areas and they really did not do it for me. To much sand, I was thinking the north east part of the state anyone live there?

Other considerations would be the north west, as I lived out that was for some time and really have a fondness for it.

The local college here has a full blown nursing program, could be transfer is an option. In 6mo your a resident and qualify for the tuition rates.

Joe, Working as the manager for a wholesale heating & AC supply for longer than I want to say. Before that I spent 12 years running a printing press (extensible films and foil).

Horses? Broz and you are not playin' fair! :D I haven't been on a horse in ....in....in.....I don't remember. Later, I'll have to put up some pic of my Labs.

Have to get back to work now.

Pete

Last edited:
My wife, horses, and I really want to get out of VA and as far away from the eastern part of this country as fast as we can. We HAD wanted to go to Colorado, but seems the government there in that state is crawling up under Mr. O's coat tail. They have been ever since Gary Hart, his mentor, was Senator. Looks like going back home to Texas or maybe Montana is going to be plan B, just as long as I can have at least 2 clicks and 360 degrees of clear fields of fire and mountains on the horizon!:D

The local college here has a full blown nursing program, could be transfer is an option. In 6mo your a resident and qualify for the tuition rates.

Joe thank's, It might be an option. The wife is a police officer with a small city here about 1000 officers she has her BA in Criminal justice. I have my Journeyman Iron workers book but I don't think the trade unions are that strong out west, except for along the coast.

Montana sure sounds nice thanks for the info much appreciated.

Living in and around mountains my whole life, I couldn't imagine living elsewhere. Wyoming (of course) then Idaho/Montana in a toss up. I think we all have our pros and cons. I been fortunate enough to visit every corner of this country on the company buck, even a decent amount of time in Alaska. Wyoming is still home. We sure could use some more like minded folks here in Campbell County. Law Enforcement officers are the highest paid in the state & we would kill to have a decent medical staff.:rolleyes:

As long as you can deal with the wind :D you should do just fine..

t

I've yet to find the warm part of Wyoming. I've been out here for about a dozen years now and if I could I'd sell my place and move back to the Appalachain Mtns of northeast GA in a heartbeat. I'm tired of working in subzero temps with 80mph winds...

I've yet to find the warm part of Wyoming. I've been out here for about a dozen years now and if I could I'd sell my place and move back to the Appalachain Mtns of northeast GA in a heartbeat. I'm tired of working in subzero temps with 80mph winds...

LMAO! :D:D

t

Now that's rough.....& absolutely hilarious. I didn't think you had it in you Broz.:D

I'll be your Huckleberry,

Not trying to be mean, I just love that movie.

On a serious note, I waited way too long to move to where I wanted to. Life is too short not to be where you want to be. Screw everything else, move to where you and your family wants to be. Don't worry about loosing money or what ever excuses you may have. It will work out if you want it bad enough. Money is overrated anyway. Happiness is much much more important.

Jeff