I will never buy another remington again!!

darrindlh

Oh my gosh I can not believe that remington customer service reps are showing why people should stay away from remington. I called in to explain my problem about my bolt not closing with a factory round in the chamber. Mind you this is a brand new rifle straight out of the box. He would not listen he told me to write a letter and hung up the phone. I totally understand that I have to send in my rifle to get repaired. I a happy that they are infact going to repair it but it is not the point.To bad there quality control sucks and is down the tube. They lost a customer today and it is sad. I come from 4 generations of remington owners. Sad day!!

Darrin

I get your point. And, you are right to be seriously peaved.

Was there a retailer involved?

Why couldn't you just take it straight back to the retailer?

-- richard

i would take it to a gunsmith that has a set of go-no go guages for it to check the headspace. then you'll know if it's the chamber or ammo.

I think darrindlh is saying his biggest concern is how he was treated by the customer service rep! Sure bad products get out. But to call about one and have the rep tell you to write a letter and hang up on you is unforgivable. I have been on the fence between savage and remington and if this is how remington is going to handle things it makes the choice easy. Im sure that other people, the retailer or gunsmith will or can take care of it but thats not the point remington should have taken care of it!

Remingtons quality is suffering. I ordered in 4 remy to rip down so far this year for customer builds of them 3 suffered from poor bolt handle positioning, creating primary extraction issues, the old ones are 100% better in this regaurd. Any of the newer actions with the cut serial numbers vs the older actions with stamped serial numbers.

One was so bad it only had about .020" of movement when riding the cam.

I have reserved myself to the fact that most new remys for custom builds will get new handles tigged on.

For the last couple years remington has been like john deere their name has kept them afloat.

Pyroducks is exactly right. Sportmans warehouse is sending it back for me and it is going to get fixed. That is not the issue. It was how I was treated when I called remington. I am thankfull that I do not have to pay for the shipping of my rifle! I just would never treat another person like that . I'm puzzeled.

Pyro buy a savage. You will love it

Darrin

I think it is completely unacceptable for any company representative to conduct their business in that manner. When I hear stories like this I am forever amazed that in this day and time where jobs are being lost, companies are going belly up, and so many people are supposedly wanting the economy to improve, that people don't stand by their product. I can't blame you for never buying another one. I would be the same way. Just like the white tail I am having mounted now. Looked at two taxidermists' work. One was a nice guy and did great work. The other did maybe even a little better job but was an ***. The guy that actually acted like he wanted my business got it.

Last edited:
I'm not defending Remington but you might have got one individual on a bad day. That is totally unacceptable. I've had my share share of experience with Beretta over a Sako and I think there is a big lack of QC and concern with the bigger companies. All my future rilfes will be custom built by quality individuals who take pride in their work and concern for their customer relationships.

What you should do is call back and get the name of the person you are talking to (it might be a different rep) and ask for their supervisor. Get the supervisor's name and explain what happened. If you still don't get any satisfaction, go up to the next level, and always get a name. When you get someone's name they are more likely to act accountable.

-Mark

+1 MontanaRifleman

Darrel,

You are 1000% right to feel the way you do.

But, a knee jerk reaction to an individual isn't necessarily the best decision any more than stopping your load development because you shot one good or bad 3-shot group.

Ideally you would've had the person's name already while on the phone, but if you called right back and asked for a supervisor even without a name, they would've had their *** handed to them.

...and, you can still switch to Savage after that.

If it was still new and unfired, I would've had the retailer replace it outright. If one piece isn't right, I quickly become suspect of the whole thing.

I hope it all works out for you and that you get many years of pleasure from the rifle.

Good luck,
Richard

You guys are right. I did have the name and I did call right back and got a supervisor. I gave the complaint . She told me that she will pass it up. I completly understand that one guy in the whole company at remington is not what the company is about. I did not even call in to get a hand out. I was just calling to inform them about what left the factory.

I talked to sportsmans warehouse in Idaho falls. They told me that the reason that they could not take back and exchange the rifle was that as soon as the serial number is attached to my name it becomes a used gun according to the atf. I don't know if that is true but that is there story and they are sticking to it. However I sure do hope that the gunsmith that they are sending it to will do alittle extra. and go ahead and ture up the action. J/K :D

Darrin

I purchased two Remington 700 CDL rifles in 2010; mainly for the special run calibers offered. One in .264 Win. Mag. and the other in .257 Wby Mag.
Has anyone had any experience with the new Remington Trigger? And how does it compare with the earlier 700 trigger?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.