I Went To The gun Show Today!

I went to the gun show today. I had a good attitude and a pocket full of money. I went home a little frustrated but I still had a pocket full of money. Those people have bumped their darn heads! I can wait!
Outrageous prices???
They have several gun shows here in the Atlanta area that are quite large. My FIL goes to a lot of them and some of the vendors think that they are on Gun Broker.

I wondered what it would be like. I haven't gone to a tanner in years for the exact reasons you mention.

Oddly enough, their prices were dramatically out of line for several years before covid was even a thing.

It's a great place if you like indian jewelry or assorted trailer art, I guess. Not much of a gun show anymore though. Actually, I take that back, it is exactly that - a gun "show" - as most of the vendors just show them, but end up taking them home at the end of the weekend.

Here a good part of that pocket full of money would go to parking and admission before you even get to the first table! Haven't been to a gun show in years, prices are inflated and lots of gangbangers buying ammo and guns.
No parking charge but 15 bucks to get in. There are some seedy looking characters selling everything to smoke weed. Today you could smell the weed inside and outside. Someone was smoking it for sure.

I stopped going to shows mostly because I either leave empty handed, tired and thirst or go home with somebody else's junk that I didn't really need in the first place. Last thing I bought was a magazine for my Savage Model 1817 NRA Match 22. Paid wthree times the purchase price of the gun ($25 in 1973), but I needed it and mags in 90% or better condition are as rare as hens teeth.

I'm going to an estate gun auction on Monday. Interested in older Rem 700 BDLs in 17 Rem and 25-06, but expect they will go substantially higher than I'm will to pay. Also selling 100 lots of ammo which I expect will be nuts. Hopefully, everyone blows their wad on ammo and leave early.

This was a big one. It's the Tanner. They advertise 800 tables.
Atlanta has several, but the biggest one is "EASTMAN". I quit going years ago because:
1. If it was anything half way decent they were charging about 50%+++ over the Blue Book. Prices were like on Gun Broker.
2.Dealers would not give you anything for your items-had to sell to the public
3. Entry Fee $12-15 and then $5 for a coffee
4. Turned into a FLEA Market. Promoters started charging up to $100 per table. A lot of the good gun dealers quit coming.