Went to Range Today with .270 whatchamcallit

Muddyboots

Ok, just got back from range with break in on the .270 whatchamcallit. Shot 20 rounds with Hornady brass and 20 rounds with Sig Sauer brass. Took FOREVER to shoot them off using standard break in, one shot clean, one shot clean, one shot clean, 3 shots clean, 3 shots clean, 5 shots clean, 5 shots clean. Once I got to 20 rounds, I noticed it really wasn't fouling at all. Still cleaned after 5 rounds. I used 130 BT blems and some 130 SP Hornady for break in at about 3030 through chronograph. Just wanted enough velocity to fire form. Just shooting at 25 yards just to get some brass for load development. It was very comfortable to shoot, love the Athlon 4.5x27x50! Very pleasant shooting rifle and can't wait to start seeing what it can really do!

So at very end I had 3 BT's left and 2 Hornady Sp's left. I put a target up at 100 yards and shot all five into a 3/4" group which was cool since it was just a mid range load and 2 different bullets but still shot well.

I will be setting up ladders with the 156 and hope to hit range early next week.