I Went To The gun Show Today!

I still go when I need parts that I cant find elsewhere. I enjoy rooting thru the bins of junk for cartridges to add to collection and finding bits n pieces to my endless projects and friends/customer's stuff. Recently had a older 410 single come in with a broken extractor and couldn't find one online so went to a local show in December and found one close. A little fitting with a file and it works. Even extracts 444marlin brass now. View attachment 328866View attachment 328865

Gun shows really suck if you actually want to buy a gun. Pretty ridiculous prices, but many of the private sellers know they'll get it or close because some folks cant buy guns at stores so they'll pay the premium.
There is an online source for obsolete/antique parts. If I can remember the name of it I'll come back later and post it.

There is an online source for obsolete/antique parts. If I can remember the name of it I'll come back later and post it.
Here's one I've heard of but have not personally used.

Yea I got a nice model 70 maple stock from Numrich for $50. Talked to a lady on the phone about not listing whether it was for a blind magazine or not. She had some guy check one of their sheds and called back the same afternoon. This day and age I consider that awesome.

This!!!!! Why not a gun show that is a dedicated gun show and gear that maybe is pre-registration invite or something like that! I think this is a great idea for rebirth of once was! Somebody PLEASE take this on!
I agree. Having been involved in facilities that had different "shows/events for operating costs" it all comes down to making a buck for the venue and the person/group sponsoring the event. Almost all make their money based on entry fees, concessions, tables sold, and set fees not what gets sold by vendors inside. They started getting greedy and some actually needing the extra revenue to stay open.

The moron governor of NM closed all state facilities to gun shows. It had been at the State Fair Grounds forever, but that is over until we get a Republican gov. Of course, for that to happen, we might need voter I.D. Our Democrat legislature outlawed personal tranfers between individuals. The last gun show I went to cost $15 to get in, and mostly modern black guns. The handicap parking was upstairs with about 3 flights of stairs to the entrance. My buddy made it but it seemed really stupid.

I haven't to one in 3 years. The people selling think there stuff is made of gold. You can own the same exact thing they are trying to sell. Their's is special but yours is junk. Even though the one you own is in mint condition and their's looks like it has been beat to death.

Ya. Numrich. I order from them quite a bit. Sometimes they just dont have a piece and I get to go hunt thru the scrap Bins for stuff. I enjoy it and usually find other bits of junk to add to my collection while I'm at it. :)

Well I am glad so many of you are not attending the shows. More for me! I go to a lot of shows. I know what stuff is worth. I do a lot of dealing. I quit setting up a long time ago. I walk the floor and end up seeing a lot of good deals. I buy and sell a fair amount. I am only trying to add to my collection, not trying to make money. I only sell if I end up not liking something, or if a gun no longer fills a need for me. I agree there is a lot of high prices, so keep walking or try dealing. I see a good selection at many shows.
I have gotten to know a lot of the dealers. I spend as much time talking with friends as I do looking at guns. That is NEVER a bad day.
Pawn shops here locally probably help clear more theft cases. Their cameras catch license plates, take great pics of the individuals, get copies of ID's and permits as required, get signatures and fingerprints. All items are checked by the police and are held for 14 days for those checks. Stolen items are held back for police. Yes its possible for some items to slip by, but how much stuff at garage sales, flea markets, Craigslist, etc. are also stolen. A LOT are!!!! The police can't check those items.

Well I am glad so many of you are not attending the shows. More for me! I go to a lot of shows. I know what stuff is worth. I do a lot of dealing. I quit setting up a long time ago. I walk the floor and end up seeing a lot of good deals. I buy and sell a fair amount. I am only trying to add to my collection, not trying to make money. I only sell if I end up not liking something, or if a gun no longer fills a need for me. I agree there is a lot of high prices, so keep walking or try dealing. I see a good selection at many shows.
I have gotten to know a lot of the dealers. I spend as much time talking with friends as I do looking at guns. That is NEVER a bad day.
Pawn shops here locally probably help clear more theft cases. Their cameras catch license plates, take great pics of the individuals, get copies of ID's and permits as required, get signatures and fingerprints. All items are checked by the police and are held for 14 days for those checks. Stolen items are held back for police. Yes its possible for some items to slip by, but how much stuff at garage sales, flea markets, Craigslist, etc. are also stolen. A LOT are!!!! The police can't check those items.

Gun shows seem mostly to exist these days for people to take advantage of desperate and/or ignorant folks with too much money.

Sad they have gone that way