I Went To The gun Show Today!

Atlanta has several, but the biggest one is "EASTMAN". I quit going years ago because:
1. If it was anything half way decent they were charging about 50%+++ over the Blue Book. Prices were like on Gun Broker.
2.Dealers would not give you anything for your items-had to sell to the public
3. Entry Fee $12-15 and then $5 for a coffee
4. Turned into a FLEA Market. Promoters started charging up to $100 per table. A lot of the good gun dealers quit coming.
I was really hoping the Henry Dealer would be there. 4 or 5 years ago, I traded a Benelli M2 to him for a brand new 45/70. He wanted the Benelli for his daughter that was just starting to shoot. It was a good deal for both of us. I haven't seen him though the last few times I have been to the show. I was hoping to trade him something for a Henry 44 mag lever gun. I think he is like a lot of dealers and simply done with gun shows.

Atlanta has several, but the biggest one is "EASTMAN". I quit going years ago because:
1. If it was anything half way decent they were charging about 50%+++ over the Blue Book. Prices were like on Gun Broker.
2.Dealers would not give you anything for your items-had to sell to the public
3. Entry Fee $12-15 and then $5 for a coffee
4. Turned into a FLEA Market. Promoters started charging up to $100 per table. A lot of the good gun dealers quit coming.
I don't remember an Eastman show in Colorado but I will keep an eye out for sure.

Edit- I just googled Eastman Gun Show. Looks like they are in Georgia only!

I don't remember an Eastman show in Colorado but I will keep an eye out for sure.

Edit- I just googled Eastman Gun Show. Looks like they are in Georgia only!
At one time we would to the Eastman show near our location. There were smaller shows, but Eastman beat the others hands down. Would be able to get real good deals on firearms from dealers and also a lot of private sellers. They basically had just about anything you wanted from either a dealer or private seller. I think I bought & sold more firearms in the parking lot before I even got into the show. Just one example we bought a S&W Model 29-2 Pined, Recessed, Target Trigger & Sights (Dirty Harry) New in the original Wood Box with papers and accessories for $800.00. probably 8 years ago. We sold several rifles & pistols at those shows. It was like a family outing and all day event. Got to know a lot of the dealers.
So different now.

Michigan has one of the fastest growing (pun intended) marijuana industries in nation. Gun shows have more tables selling CBD than actual firearms it seems. The last item I bought at show was extra tubes for my RCBS priming tool. That was at least 10+ years.

The only gun show that I attend anymore is the Tulsa Wannemacher, held spring and fall. I go just to meet up with friends I wouldn't get to see, otherwise. 2 levels, covers 11 acres, 4200 tables. In amongst that 'mess' are some high end gunmakers. 8' tables were $175 each this past fall, so there aren't many (any) bargains to be had. But whatever you might be looking for was there.

As everyone stated there's mostly junk at the local gun shows here that are 'Gun Broker' or higher prices. At least when I last went 5-6 years ago…. I quit mostly because they shot a couple guys right in the show with unsafe gun handling. Lots of shady characters too.

I went to the gun show today. I had a good attitude and a pocket full of money. I went home a little frustrated but I still had a pocket full of money. Those people have bumped their darn heads! I can wait!
I know what you mean. As a dealer who works these gun shows, our prices are not astronomical, in fact...we have some of the lowest prices in the show. We can't even get a deal from any other vendors, because they think their products are made of gold, but yet, they'll try to beat us down to below cost on certain items. Sadly, the days of getting a "deal" at the gun shows are gone.

When I was in the market for a pistol, I went to a large gun show in Fort Worth so that I could try the fit in my hand of as many different models as possible. Since I'm not a Texas resident, I could not purchase one there, but I identified the one that I liked best, then ordered it online.

I had a friend text me about a local show and I called another friend told him about the show happening. Friend that text me called and said not to go, not worth it. Later in day I called my fiend that I had called an he said the same thing. This used to be an awesome show we would try making a time slot regardless of the days happening to be there, very sad!!

I went to a gun show in central MN about two years ago. Admission was around $10. Same story, prices seemed high, some junk vendors etc. I was able to unload a couple of Win. mdl. 88 and mdl. 100 magazines along with a REM. 1187 stock and forend so I was happy. Always nice to get cash in hand and not have to deal with selling online.