I struck gold!

Oooo those are both good ones!

I think I'm gonna leave her with all the factory ammo and it's looking heavily like I'm about to start another build lol. What 6mm would YOU build if you wanted.

I can't bring myself to own a CM that is actually mine. The wife is getting one because if I'm ever not around she need factory ammo availability. She shoots quite well!
You could go with a 6BR

Are you in barrel sales now?
No but I like making expensive suggestions when it's not my wallet involved 😁😁😁😁

If I were in barrel sales I'd be pushing the .240 incinerator which is the 264 win case, or the 244 HH which is exactly what you think it is, or the 6mm-270 wsm, or the 6mm-6.5 rpm haha

Tell us about the 6 PRC, please.

Asking for a friend...
Built by TS Customs.

Lone Peak Fuzion SA
Adjustable KS1
TT Special
M5 bottom metal
Bartlein 7.5 twist and benchmark 9 twist 24" barrels

I've only played with it a little bit, but it shoots great. Currently shooting a 108 ELDM at 3250FPS with 53gr. 4831SC.

It's the tan gun
IMG_7928.jpeg

There's some solid suggestions here. I'd love to play with that 6PRC a little and see what that kinda speed looks like in person. I bet it's a fun little gun.

The real shame is I don't live anywhere close to P-dog USA to be able to have some real fun!

For me it's 6 creed. It's just the easy button. Brass is everywhere. Decent velocity, not horrible barrel life, low recoil, and fairly easy to load for. I'm on my 3rd 6 creed barrel if that tells you anything. It's my favorite of the creed cases.
Makes a lot of sense to me too. I have a .243. It's fine. But honestly the creed case just makes so much more sense to me there with the sharper shoulder, longer neck, and yes while I did suggest the big boomers like the 6-284 I will say for PRACTICAL needs the creedmoor case is about the perfect capacity for a 6mm especially if it's actually gonna get shot a lot.

That why the wife is getting a 6creed because it will be hers and easy to maintain with factory ammo.

I on the other hand have come to terms with the fact that I'm a boomer at heart, not by age, and "don't like all these new fangled cartridges" now get off my lawn!

On a serious note it's hard to deny some of the advantages that the newer stuff has.

Tough decisions

That why the wife is getting a 6creed because it will be hers and easy to maintain with factory ammo.

I on the other hand have come to terms with the fact that I'm a boomer at heart, not by age, and "don't like all these new fangled cartridges" now get off my lawn!

On a serious note it's hard to deny some of the advantages that the newer stuff has.

Tough decisions
In that case, just to make sure you really scream your boomerness from the rooftops, your cartridge, like a proper pair of boomer pants, needs a belt,

I did mention the incinerator earlier, also known as the 6mm Mach 4. 7 rem mag or 264 Winnie necked down.

Or, if you want a little better barrel life and something truly odd, base it off the old 6.5 rem mag/350 rem mag case.

Good write up here on it. The project in question was done 1993 (which by the way was 30 years ago - that can't be right!? 😅😱). Modern powders, advances in barrel metallurgy, and things like HBN or nitride treatment might improve things further or at least improve barrel life.

.240 Wby with 8 twist, hands down. Only reason I don't already have one is there aren't any long actions with .308 bolt face to be had. It would be worth using a factory 700 action and blueprinting. It's always on my short list of projects. The why is a rhetorical question: Have you ever hit a whitetail (or mulie) with a 100gr Sierra ProHunter with ~3400 ft/s muzzle velocity?? They change direction and invert spontaneously! Norma Weatherby brass is some of the best and most consistently concentric made. Almost worth throwing away your 25-06 and necking up the .240! Accuracy is just stupid even from a synthetic Howa. The only shortcoming of the cartridge is the twist rate availability, which is no fault of the cartridge. Theoretically, the 6x284 or even 6mm-06 would be faster potentially, but with the 240 there's no toiling with forming cases, annealing, etc. Just load and go. And yes, the 10 twist handles the 100gr ProHunter without issue, even at sea level, but I'd want the capability to go up to say a 108gr Elite Hunter. I think 7 or 7.5 may be too fast for 85 - 90gr cup and core bullets at those speeds, but the .240 seems to me to be about the perfect 6mm for dramatic killing results and EXCELLENT brass with super accuracy with no extra work.