I know I am not the only one: Weatherby 307

How's the 307? I bought a Mack Bros Evo II stainless SA and it's at the gunsmith with a Bartlein blank. The Mack Bros action being a 700 footprint, but not threaded to accept Rem 700 pattern barrels is a bit of an inconvenience. The 307 *does* accept profit Rem 700 barrels, correct? If so, I may switch the receivers.

Pretty sure both are 1.0625x16 TPI

That's prefit threads you have there.

I might have to look into that, I would like to have a short action prefit.
And at that price. 🤓
Don't know about the Weatherby, but Carbon Six does shouldered pre-fits for Mack Brothers. I used a RemAge on a Mack Brothers for a short time from Northland.

If Weatherby holds tolerances I'm sure they won't be far behind.

I asked Mack Bros if the Evo II would accept Rem 700 pre-fit barrels, and they said I would have use a remage barrel nut or something to install it into the Evo II.

I must be a snob! I like my M70 to be CRF, my Weatherby to be MKV 9-lug. If I wanted a Remington, I woud have bought one. I understnd businesses have to adopt to thrive, but you don't see a Porsche name on a VW even though they are owned by the same company. Again, just me, being a snob. I have a hanfull of MKV made from 1959 to 2014.

I asked Mack Bros if the Evo II would accept Rem 700 pre-fit barrels, and they said I would have use a remage barrel nut or something to install it into the Evo II.
I don't think I have ever see a shouldered prefit for a Remington 700. All I have ever seen used was a variable shoulder unless fit by a smith. I guess I'm not sure what prefit you are talking about. My bad.

The indexed lug allows for more thread than on a 700.

I don't think I have ever see a shouldered prefit for a Remington 700. All I have ever seen used was a variable shoulder unless fit by a smith. I guess I'm not sure what prefit you are talking about. My bad.

The indexed lug allows for more thread than on a 700.
Thank you for that info. I'm somewhat new to the bolt rifle world and am still learning all the in's and out's of "building" one. Seems logical that a gunsmith is almost always needed b/c it's not just the threading, but chambering, head spacing, etc.

Thank you for that info. I'm somewhat new to the bolt rifle world and am still learning all the in's and out's of "building" one. Seems logical that a gunsmith is almost always needed b/c it's not just the threading, but chambering, head spacing, etc.
There are action manufacturers that hold tight enough tolerances to make prefit barrels off the tenon print, but I don't think Remington can. Action tolerances have to be held pretty tight. You are not wrong, it just varies between manufacturers. Don't discount a variable shoulder with a barrel nut either. They can be used to make an extremely accurate rifle!