I know I am not the only one: Weatherby 307

Well Browning seems to get it with faster twist models. Having faster twist does not mean you cannot shoot lighter bullets. A 1:9 twist on a 300WM does not prevent shooting factory ammo at all but does give better opportunity to shoot heavier in a cartridge designed to do so. A rifle should take into account the end use of factory ammo and the potential for reloaders.

Building a rifle that has flexibility to satisfy more end users is smart marketing not catering to anyone.
I agree with you, but I also think that while pivoting with the market is important, getting it close to correct on the first go is jist as important. I think Browning lost market share with their previous offerings not meeting the needs of reloaders. Every Browning I've been around had a very heavy trigger, very short mag length, and long throat.

I have one in 240 Weatherby. I'll be getting it all set up soon. Kind of an impulse buy because of the 1:7.5 twist rate. Little fast twist speed demon.

Going to top it off with an Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42.

I'm already itching to replace the stock but I am really trying to give it a try as-is. New Stock, bottom metal, magazine… turns into a $2,000-$2,500 gun real quick (before optics).
One of my concerns about the stock is less of a concern now. The bottom "metal" is made by Magpull (the whole thing: Trigger guard/bottom metal and magazine). It's mostly plastic, so I was concerned it would crack torquing the action down. I took the action out of the stock today and found that where the action screws go through the bottom metal is metal (metal inserts) so no real concern with cracking it. Actually a decent system for the price ($80 retail with 1 magazine).

I bedded the scope rail this weekend, so was messing around with it. The stock is growing on me. It's pretty rigid.

I think it's this:

In my limited research, I couldn't find anything with the same "footprint" online. Doesn't appear anything would be a direct drop in. Might be nice if there was a BDL floorplate option vs. DBM.

I came across this, I might look at adding an ARCA using his method.
This one in particular:
https://www.salmonriversolutions.com/product/hunters-rail/

Last edited:
I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the feel and finish on the builders action I do think weatherby should ship them with trigger pins.

Attachments

• IMG_20240119_114510039_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240119_114510039_HDR.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20240119_114532292_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240119_114532292_HDR.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 25

Recent Posts