I know I am not the only one: Weatherby 307

Actually, I have a friend who has asked me to reload for his .240 WM. I wonder if you could share your load information--I have been reloading for 50 yrs. and understand caveats of sharing load recipes online. And then there is that thang of I might need one:)!

Actually, I have a friend who has asked me to reload for his .240 WM. I wonder if you could share your load information--I have been reloading for 50 yrs. and understand caveats of sharing load recipes online. And then there is that thang of I might need one:)!
I am using a 90gr Accubond with about 58 grains of h1000 and a fed210. Seating is .040 off the lands. This gave me 3340fps

I have one in 240 Weatherby. I'll be getting it all set up soon. Kind of an impulse buy because of the 1:7.5 twist rate. Little fast twist speed demon.

Going to top it off with an Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42.

I'm already itching to replace the stock but I am really trying to give it a try as-is. New Stock, bottom metal, magazine… turns into a $2,000-$2,500 gun real quick (before optics).

Last edited:
So is this like a Tikka/Ruger American/Savage clone? Accuracy on the cheap because it's so easy to bed the cylindrical action? And then they made it Remington 700-compatible? I'm not trying to knock-it, but to understand what it is. It looks like the prices aren't much above the Ruger American Gen 2 + Weatherby name premium. Are they US-made, Howa or somewhere else?

So is this like a Tikka/Ruger American/Savage clone? Accuracy on the cheap because it's so easy to bed the cylindrical action? And then they made it Remington 700-compatible? I'm not trying to knock-it, but to understand what it is. It looks like the prices aren't much above the Ruger American Gen 2 + Weatherby name premium. Are they US-made, Howa or somewhere else?
Made in the USA. Designed and built in Sheridan, WY. Price point between the Vanguard and Mark V. Here's a good write up on it after its introduction last year.

Looks great. Today's the first I've heard of it, so I guess I haven't been up-to-date. I think in that price range, it would be the top-pick. Personally, I would hope to find a used California Mark V for a little less, but if I were buying new, I'd go for it because the new Mark V's are too much for me, especially after the cost of an optic. I'm glad to see Weatherby doing well.

My first impression was it looks and feels like a Stiller action to me. Kind of an entry level custom.

*I'm not suggesting it's a Stiller. That's been covered, Weatherby makes the actions.

I have one in 240 Weatherby. I'll be getting it all set up soon. Kind of an impulse buy because of the 1:7.5 twist rate. Little fast twist speed demon.

Going to top it off with an Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42.

I'm already itching to replace the stock but I am really trying to give it a try as-is. New Stock, bottom metal, magazine… turns into a $2,000-$2,500 gun real quick (before optics).
I have been shooting 90gr accubonds with h1000 in my 307 in 240 bee. Shoots 1/2-3/4" at 100yards pretty consistently with 3340fps. I changed the stock and trigger in mine.