I am falling apart ...

Just a quick update. Our hotel is < a 5-minute walk from the hospital. All of my appointments went well. The only suggestion from the oncologist from MD Anderson is for every three-month surveillance instead of every six months. We are flying back home tomorrow. Thank you, Lord, for all my blessings.

My wife and I saw some of Houston/League City and Galveston and explored fine dining. But the best part is meeting LRH member @asd9055. Brother, meeting you was a pleasure, and my wife and I enjoyed every moment. Thank you also for lunch. It is my turn next time, in three months. For those that do not know @asd9055, he is as nice as they come; pretty down to earth. @bamban, you'll have a blast when you meet him. Cheers!

Ed
My follow-up appointment with MD Anderson Cancer Center (this time, we were at the main center in Houston instead of League City) went well. All my blood works and CT scans are all positive. The oncologist wants to be back in a year.

@asd9055, thanks, Brother, for meeting my wife and me for lunch. It is always lovely to see you. Perhaps my timing is better next time, and your wife and Brother @bamban can join us.

Thank you, Lord, for all my blessings, esp. of good health and friendship.

Ed

My follow-up appointment with MD Anderson Cancer Center (this time, we were at the main center in Houston instead of League City) went well. All my blood works and CT scans are all positive. The oncologist wants to be back in a year.

@asd9055, thanks, Brother, for meeting my wife and me for lunch. It is always lovely to see you. Perhaps my timing is better next time, and your wife and Brother @bamban can join us.

Ed

Great news brother, lots to be thankful for, and may God continue to bless you and yours.

Luis

Ed
Awesome news!

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed
Sounds like you're doing great. It's all about attitude, overcome what ya can, deal with what ya have too ... adjust if need be. We all fall apart some much sooner than others. I even died once, an aneurysm just about did it for good, but I was 38 and stronger back then. Had to start from the beginning, I didn't know my own name and had work up from there, after a coma...
I've had 5 shoulder surgeries, so a few repeats...
Should have s colorized MRI, the best surgeon you can get in your area, if possible, After surgery get the injection in the neck nerve that allows your shoulder to go numb for about 8 hrs, ask for some morphine tabs for under the tongue, better pain relief. Get the coolent pump shoulder device that pumps ice water to your shoulder area, to keep down swelling.
Go to physical therapy, and do exercises religiously. And you should do pretty good.
I still shoot a 50BMG...I didn't say I was smart, but the metal shoulder bolts absorb some of the recoil.
Gotta have a sense of humor.
Don't worry the falling apart as it's not done, there is a whole bunch more to follow...life was never meant to be easy, it's always a struggle. Your easiest day was yesterday. Be thankful for want you have, for those parts still working, knowing it could always be worse.
Life is good...