Who am I

He was an awesome dude. I remember seeing him him jogging down the road in El Campo many times as a kid. My dad who was also a Vietnam vet would say, son, there's a true hero.

Always more than friendly to people in the store and such. A class act.

I had know idea just how heroic he was till I was older and he had passed. It left a mark on me that makes me always curious about the older vets. When I meet one I soak up all I can.

One of the most memorable was while taking a tour of the Missouri, one of the men on the tour had been there for the signing of the WWII surrender.

When I meet one I soak up all I can.

One of the most memorable was while taking a tour of the Missouri, one of the men on the tour had been there for the signing of the WWII surrender.

At USMA, when I was a cadet in 2008, we had an alumni come visit and hang out with us at our table during lunch. He was class of 1942. He wore his medals on his suit. He had a CIB with two stars. He did 30 years in the Army as an infantry man and served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam!!!! He mostly complained about his time as a cadet.🤣🤣

He had some seriously life experiences. I'm sure he has passed now, sadly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.