Husky or Stihl

Nice I'd try one of those. I've got a buddy in western Mt that competes in hot saw , he is a Sthil guy and has a alcohol saw 2.3 seconds in a 22 inch green larch says it's just practice fun
Either one...they can both be good saws.View attachment 543314

But lately I've been buying the clone saws for 1/4 the price and I am not disappointed at all.

View attachment 543316
I spy a hot saw competitor. My cousin is 7 time US Stihl over all champion. I love the hot saw competitions. He is a wood chopping beast. Many YouTube videos of the Stihl Championships.

I have about 35 years of sawyer experience in the logging world, forest management and fire suppression as well as fire wood cutting of about 10 cord per season. My Dad was a timber feller in the 1970's and only ran hot rodded Husky 2100's and those old Husky's ripped! I started logging in 1990 for Erickson Air Crane and those cutters all ran Stihl. I moved on from Heli logging to High Lead Yarders and everyone ran Stihl. Weak motor mounts and electronic ignition were problems for the Husky's of that era. I currently have 5 Stihl's all older, a Husky 372xp, and a couple of older Jonsereds. At work we have all brand new saws both Stihl and Husky and I do not like the auto tune carbs and rev limiters in todays saws. Old log cutters will tell ya that the Husky has more chain speed and the Stihl has more torque in the stump. Jason

My buds that are lifelong loggers here went to husky, but after having to walk out the woods too many times on broke saw went back to Stihl.I run both, not logging
IMG_2490.jpeg

i have owned just about every brand,, i settled on the huskies, i just like the feel of them better and they way the cut,, like it was said huskie and stihl both are good brands, it is just personal preference

Who is he? I know a couple of them.
Matt Cogar. He's from West Virginia. Google him on YouTube. He is a bonafide bad @@@.
Watch some of his axe chopping videos. He was paying over $8,000.00 for his competition saws like 10 years ago. 1st cousin on my dads side.

I kinda like Husky for the power to weight.
BUT 30 years ago I won a Stihl 38 Pro at a loggers compitition!
Sold my Husky 77 ,but found the 38 under powered
The dealer hopped it up and it cuts fine now,
But hard to start after sitting,the fuel evaporates so you have to choke and pull long time.
Husky with the prime button tend to start easier

Husky has undergone some major changes, they closed a huge plant due to a change over in going to Battery powered saws, and then prices on parts went sky high. Dealers revolted, not prices on parts are back down.