Husky or Stihl

thats my only gripe on stihl. parts
you HAVE to go to the dealer for oem stuff and theyre high as a kite on prices imo. or you can try your hand at ebay to find used or NOS parts.
wish they made it easier to work on your saw, if you are capable

Matt Cogar. He's from West Virginia. Google him on YouTube. He is a bonafide bad @@@.
Watch some of his axe chopping videos. He was paying over $8,000.00 for his competition saws like 10 years ago. 1st cousin on my dads side.

I know who he is but I don't personally know him. I know the Lentz's, Nate Hodges, and a few others.

Husqvarna and Sthil both make and have made some great models of saws. Pick the right amount of cc of displacement for the bar length of the job and saw will run well pretty much all day long.

I know who he is but I don't personally know him. I know the Lentz's, Nate Hodges, and a few others.
I've watched the Lent'z family for years, very competitive family. I believe Melvin is the dads name but I could have that wrong. They have a large festival every memorial day weekend in Webster Springs, WV and I always see them there.

There is a awesome saw shop called Steve's saw shop in Lolo, Mt don't know if Steve is still competing but he used to harass the factory Sthil team and make them work for a win in the hot saw competition in Darby , Mt . He worked on my big saw on occasion

How old is that photo?
I think it was 1992...Crab Creek, near Craig, AK on Prince of Wales Island. Sitka spruce 10.5'. The shortest length for export was 13'10" I was ripping them for a 214 Bell helicopter...they only lift 8,000 lbs

Attachments

• 0802221015.jpg
    0802221015.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 30
Any pics of the 214??? Best helicopter ever made.
I lost a bunch of pictures when I lost an old phone...the Bell 214B is a hotrod climbin' machine! Wow memories...this is Dora Lake on Prince of Wales Island. Steep ground, he has a 200 foot longline on and the ground I'm on looks just like the other side of the canyon... vertical bluffs with benches of timber

Attachments

• 0802221014.jpg
    0802221014.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 26