Hunting stock recommendations. HELP!!!!

McMillan game hunter Edge fill hits all your marks.
F19501FE-84B6-421C-B03B-409CE2830079.jpeg

McMillan hunter stock is really comfortable. I have an A2 and an adjustable HTG, had I tried the hunter first, I would probably have 3, though the A2 is nice for prone shooting.

Wildcat composite is another option. They do make a spotter and a vertical grip style stock. Very light weight.

My 280 ai with a MacMillan htg is awesome but with a 26" varmint contour tube and a vortex pst 4 x 16 it is a 10# rifle.

Definitely a long range rig and I can compete with it but definitely not a back country rifle

Try the mcmillan "remington hunter". It's based off of the sako original design.. basically the same as the "mcmillan hunter " only with a wider forearm which acomidates bipods a bit better. The grip is not technically vertical but is more vertical than others and with the monte carlo design gives wonderfull cheek weld. I have several mcmillen stocks an A5, game warden, htg and several of the "Remington hunters". It is the best at being great on the bench and in the field. Handles very well with one hand if you need to.
With the edge fill it weighs 27-28 ounces.

I chose a Boyds Stock to replace my crappy plastic stock. It's cheap and it works very well when you bed it. It's their "At One" stock with adjustable pull length and cheek rest height - I made my own spacers on pull and cheekrest to keep everything perfect for me.

Attachments

• 24B5855C-4F50-4457-8E3A-41D8C3CADC02.jpeg
    24B5855C-4F50-4457-8E3A-41D8C3CADC02.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.