Aoudad sheep hunting recommendations

Try Hidden Creek Outfitters out of Cody Wyoming. Bill runs an operation out of west Texas also. They take some fine sheep every year there. In fact, there are numerous pictures on his website and Facebook page.

I've seen several adds on Facebook can't remember the names on any.
Are they decent tablefare ? I've always thought about doing it as an affordable way to get an exotic animal being from the frozen tundra known as ND. We can't shake winter at this point pretty depressing. Haha

I've seen several adds on Facebook can't remember the names on any.
Are they decent tablefare ? I've always thought about doing it as an affordable way to get an exotic animal being from the frozen tundra known as ND. We can't shake winter at this point pretty depressing. Haha

They probably wouldn't be bad if you slow cooked them in a croc pot or made sausage. I've tryed grilling backstraps a few times and the meat was just to tough to even chew.

5D92D2B1-F8B6-4ECC-B00E-752EFF45B5A3.jpeg

My WTH ram

I've ate a bunch of ewe's when I was managing a ranch near Del Rio Texas.

They were fine, but the rams are another story. I killed a nice ram on a drawing DIY ;hunt this past January. Made summer sausage out of him...eats great!

Here he is;
Resized_20180106_151147_685.jpeg

Good sheep can be had in several spots. We have a good sheep numbers in the Barksdale area(western hill country), and also in the Ft Davis area--that's where we hunt them the most. I know a lot of the property is now leased up. The days of shooting for little of nothing have passed--wish the numbers were as high now 25 years ago when I was young. I have helped a number of guys on this site and others get a sheep. I tell them first--it will not be cheap, and you will get your sheep--some of my suggestions will outstrip your budget a bit--but if I were you I'd hit up Cody Roberts-at Lajitas resort--- 512-944-3828 pretty good sheep down there...he will be more than $3500 but less than 5k...I have some other options too

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.