Hunting scope recommendations

Leupold has went frigging crazy with there prices in Canada
Had 3 of the Vx5 and all 3 would not track but I know your happy with yours.
I will say though that that VX 5 glass is probably the nicest glass I've ever looked through
I was very upset that mine did not work for me because I love the scopes great power range and awesome glass.
Swarovski fits your parameters 3.5x18 is light, dial reliably, and the glass is second to none. I have one on my 300wsm. It replaced a 3x10 Swarovski. They are 1 inch diameter and are very light. Only drawback is limited elevation by the 1 inch diameter. Outdoorsman will cut you a custom turret for $139.00 or for free if you buy the scope from them. The turret is good for around 700 yards of accuracy. Beyond that, you will need some holdover. Good luck with your search.

Price and function--LRHS2 bushnell $900
Also--Maven RS1.2
Glass but heavy--older Swarovski X5 3.5x18 $2000-2500
Tough as nails decent glass-- Nightforce 4x16 42mm ATACR $2200-2500
The best of the best--Tangent theta hunter 315 3500+

Ed

probably no more than 2500
giphy.gif

Light weight and up to $2500 with good glass for hunting with 280AI. I had the same basic requirements. Started with an extra VX5HD I had in the safe and ended with a Zeiss V6 3-18x50. Thought long and hard about the March F, but my style of hunting is better suited to SFP and it pushed limits of my budget. I figured that if I was going to blow the budget I would blow it out good and buy true alpha glass like the TT315. I'm happy with my decision.