Hunting scope recommendations

22 oz, SCHOTT glass $600 BF

Leupold
VX5HD
3-15 magnification by 56 mm
That's the scope I have on my 6.5 PRC. I have a Leica ER5 4x20x50. I used the vx5 & the Leica wed night looking at deer @ about 200 yards just past legal shooting. I also used them both @ max power @ roughly 890 yards on thanksgiving day then backed the Leica down to 16 & the left the vx5 on 15. I preferred the vx5 each time.

Attachments

• IMG_1700.jpeg
    IMG_1700.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 27
That's the scope I have on my 6.5 PRC. I have a Leica ER5 4x20x50. I used the vx5 & the Leica wed night looking at deer @ about 200 yards just past legal shooting. I also used them both @ max power @ roughly 890 yards on thanksgiving day then backed the Leica down to 16 & the left the vx5 on 15. I preferred the vx5 each time.

I have it on my 7prc and its absolutely amazing!

At the ranch where I live there are many of them on various rifles, owned by lots of people, from coworkers to my boss, and his wife. They all shoot dead on, take a beating and still shoot perfectly, and are so nice and bright in low light, even before turning on the bright red dot if I want to. If someone were to steal my rifle today, tomorrow I would go buy myself the identical rifle and scope, that's how happy I am with it.
My coworkers were a large factor in my choosing both, and they were correct.

I have gone through a lot of scopes, ffp,sfp, march, sb, zeiss,ior,leupold, and my favorite so far is a nx8 2.5-20 sfp, 2.5 for close shots and when I use my clip on, 20 for long range and target shooting, the glass in mine is every bit as good as any sb or zeiss I've had, it's short , somewhat lightweight, and of myself and all my hunting partners that have dropped rifles or had spills the only brand of all of them that I've seen not lose zero is nf.

I have it on my 7prc and its absolutely amazing!

At the ranch where I live there are many of them on various rifles, owned by lots of people, from coworkers to my boss, and his wife. They all shoot dead on, take a beating and still shoot perfectly, and are so nice and bright in low light, even before turning on the bright red dot if I want to. If someone were to steal my rifle today, tomorrow I would go buy myself the identical rifle and scope, that's how happy I am with it.
My coworkers were a large factor in my choosing both, and they were correct.
I've looked at a few scopes & I think whichever 7 flavor I get it will have the vx6 3x18x50 or the 4x24x52.

It's hard to beat the Zeiss v4 4-16x44 with Zmoa reticle. Mine have been flawless and track perfectly as long as I've used them.
You'll have money left in your pocket with one Of those. Great turret and I love the 20 moa per revolution. Best bang for your buck in that price range as far as I'm concerned.
Agree with ^^ , my son has one, on his New, Proof barreled, Tikka T-3, in 7 PRC and really, likes it.
Were looking forward to his Load work up with, 180 gr. ELD-M's and Berger Hybrid's to, stretch it out.
Descent weight Hunting Rifle combo at, a total "all up" weight of, 8.4 lbs

Leupold has went frigging crazy with there prices in Canada
Had 3 of the Vx5 and all 3 would not track but I know your happy with yours.
I will say though that that VX 5 glass is probably the nicest glass I've ever looked through
I was very upset that mine did not work for me because I love the scopes great power range and awesome glass.
My Grandson has one of these on his new, Proof barreled, Savage Lite Hunter in 6.5 PRC and so far, it,.."Tracks" well.
Sadly, Leupold ain't what, they once were, as kinda, a "Hit / miss" proposition today, with their QC
Excellent Warranty, tho !! My grandsons Savage / Proof, in 6.5 PRC, drives tacks !

Last edited:
Steiner has a new hunting line (H6Xi) that are made in the states with German glass like their T6Xi scopes. If you're interested in another FFP option those have a nice hunting reticle, low profile turrets /capped windage, and are reasonable size and weight. I have a 5-30x56 T6Xi on one of my rifles and the build quality and glass is outstanding. They punch above their weight class in my opinion.