Hunting scope recommendations

12 power max, 2500 dollars and guessing weight is a concern? Aside from the weight variable and max power it's a broad question.

Do you have an intended use?
What's it going on?
What mounting options do you prefer?
Do you prefer to dial or hold?
Do you want illumination?
On the Neanderthal scale how knuckle dragging are you?
Are you going to be using it double duty and will glass clarity be a heavy factor?

Could cone down the options abit with a few answers.

12 power max, 2500 dollars and guessing weight is a concern? Aside from the weight variable and max power it's a broad question.

Do you have an intended use?
What's it going on?
What mounting options do you prefer?
Do you prefer to dial or hold?
Do you want illumination?
On the Neanderthal scale how knuckle dragging are you?
Are you going to be using it double duty and will glass clarity be a heavy factor?

Could cone down the options abit with a few answers.
I want at LEAST 12 mag not 12 max but backcountry rifle 280ai I usually dial but I can use hold over tho. Illumination...Meh...but mainly weight savings with quality glass. I have the maven rs1 but haven't been that thrilled with it so far and I've used SWFA fixed 10 powers wich are great for weight saving and simplicity but I don't follow the scope game so much so just love to get other peoples experiences and ideas to just make my overall knowledge better

Leupold
VX5HD
3-15 magnification by 56 mm
Leupold has went frigging crazy with there prices in Canada
Had 3 of the Vx5 and all 3 would not track but I know your happy with yours.
I will say though that that VX 5 glass is probably the nicest glass I've ever looked through
I was very upset that mine did not work for me because I love the scopes great power range and awesome glass.

Last edited: