Hunting scope recommendations

22 oz, SCHOTT glass $600 BF

I have 5 of these, both the 42mm and 50mm. Very happy with them. I am really waiting for the Tract Toric with the @Barbourcreek hunting reticle to debut, just to see what all the fuss is about.

I was on the fence with illumination, but now seeing how poorly my eyes and small FFP reticles are, a center illuminated dot would not bother me in the least, just hesitant to buy a illuminated "christmas" tree reticle.

One of y'all need to loan me one of those Nightforce, March or a TTs with a CT illuminated reticle so this poor can have a looksee 😂😂

I have 5 of these, both the 42mm and 50mm. Very happy with them. I am really waiting for the Tract Toric with the @Barbourcreek hunting reticle to debut, just to see what all the fuss is about.

I was on the fence with illumination, but now seeing how poorly my eyes and small FFP reticles are, a center illuminated dot would not bother me in the least, just hesitant to buy a illuminated "christmas" tree reticle.

One of y'all need to loan me one of those Nightforce, March or a TTs with a CT illuminated reticle so this poor can have a looksee 😂😂
Me too. I want to see what James has designed with the Tract group.

Lots and lots of options these days. Super happy with my vx6 for a feature rich scope. Vx 5 is solid for a lower price point. Either way, both those scopes have worked well for me and hit the low weight feature I required for a going on a hike rifle.

Lots and lots of options these days. Super happy with my vx6 for a feature rich scope. Vx 5 is solid for a lower price point. Either way, both those scopes have worked well for me and hit the low weight feature I required for a going on a hike rifle.
What reticle are you shooting in the VX6?

I've seen the reticle and I like it, patiently waiting for his shakedown testing and final specs, specifically weight.
Yes, I appreciate all the testing James does on the various products. For me, his testing is the least biased that I have seen….and with that I trust his opinions.

I am really looking forward to another option of scopes other than the NF, which has a very finicky eye box and hoping the Tract will meet my needs.

I've seen the reticle and I like it, patiently waiting for his shakedown testing and final specs, specifically weight.
Very exciting. Is the reticle drawing, or a picture through the scope, available online? I did a search but didn't find it.

Thanks

Very exciting. Is the reticle drawing, or a picture through the scope, available online? I did a search but didn't find it.

Thanks

He shared it via PM, it's not my place and I would not feel right sharing it.

He did say 34mm tube, I am spitballing here, but I am guessing it's going to be in the 40-41oz category similar to their current ELR scopes

I like my trijicon a lot, and have been pretty interested in the Schmidt klassiks.

I'm working on a lightweight bulletproof 223 lately and my list is

Trijicon credo/accupower
S&B klassik
Swfa 3-9
Nxs 2.5-10

I have become extremely paranoid of zero loss issues and these have track records of being extremely durable

He did say 34mm tube, I am spitballing here, but I am guessing it's going to be in the 40-41oz category similar to their current ELR scopes

😲😲😲😲😲 Wow that is heavy 😲😲😲😲😲

I completely understand. Thanks though!