Hornady 7mm 180g .796 bc

Impressive for sure, but I would like to see Litz run these through there paces.
Litz himself said the Dopper Radar method is accurate and when Hornady tested Berger bullets through the radar they found nearly the same results as Litz did himself. A 3rd party definitely helps, but you didn't hear me saying Hornady needs to shoot the Berger 195 through Dopler radar to "prove" them. No I trust Berger and their methods for determining BC. Not sure why anyone should question Hornady when they are using the most technologically advanced method of measuring bullet drag and ballistics.

Litz himself said the Dopper Radar method is accurate and when Hornady tested Berger bullets through the radar they found nearly the same results as Litz did himself. A 3rd party definitely helps, but you didn't hear me saying Hornady needs to shoot the Berger 195 through Dopler radar to "prove" them. No I trust Berger and their methods for determining BC. Not sure why anyone should question Hornady when they are using the most technologically advanced method of measuring bullet drag and ballistics.
I would like to see Litz run them because a .796bc sounds like something nosler would put out. Not saying anything bad about Hornady just want a good average bc through the velocity spectrum. I believe Hornady has been jumping in leaps and bounds since they started using the dopler radar. But is the .796 the high end of the bc or the average?

I would like to see Litz run them because a .796bc sounds like something nosler would put out. Not saying anything bad about Hornady just want a good average bc through the velocity spectrum. I believe Hornady has been jumping in leaps and bounds since they started using the dopler radar. But is the .796 the high end of the bc or the average?

I posted the BC tables on page 3, you can run them if that'll help. That's what a lot of folks seem to be doing.
I'd like to see Hornady add a stability calculator to their software. Kinda curious what the BC would be in a 9.25 twist

This is what I've been saying... I'd just like to see Litz run them before I believe a .796 BC on a 180gr 7mm bullet...Especially one that's shaped like a bore-rider with a long bearing surface.

Will these stabilize in a 9.5 twist rifle? These are shorter than thr 175 -x. I ran the numbers in JBM for 575ft(29.5 pressure) and 2850 fps and looks stable. Am I doing something wrong?

Will these stabilize in a 9.5 twist rifle? These are shorter than thr 175 -x. I ran the numbers in JBM for 575ft(29.5 pressure) and 2850 fps and looks stable. Am I doing something wrong?

I believe someone else posted and said 7.5 to 8.5 twist...

Unless I'm punching the numbers wrong, these will be just as stable as the 162 eld-x. Someone run the numbers and tell me where I'm making the mistake.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts