7mm 180g ELDM vs 195g EOL

The 180m is hard to beat on paper. I used it in a 7-300, 1-9 twist and multiple 28 nosler with both 1-9 and 1-8. I havent had luck with 195s in the 3 1-9 twist ive built. The 1-8 barrels, the 195 was the winner for me. Both killed very well. 7-300 is a great setup

Some 180 ELDM kills.

Cow at 1040:

Spike at 965:

Spike took the bullet right in front of the near shoulder and we pulled it out right behind the offside shoulder. The jacket and core separated at the very end and both were sitting together between the muscle and the hide.

We didn't recover a bullet on the cow but she flopped over dead with an impact somewhere to the neck. I didn't get to see her fully skinned out so I don't know 100% what the damage looked like but she slid down that hill and left a decent blood trail in the snow till she came to her final resting spot in a little tree.

Some 180 ELDM kills.

Cow at 1040:

Spike at 965:

Spike took the bullet right in front of the near shoulder and we pulled it out right behind the offside shoulder. The jacket and core separated at the very end and both were sitting together between the muscle and the hide.

We didn't recover a bullet on the cow but she flopped over dead with an impact somewhere to the neck. I didn't get to see her fully skinned out so I don't know 100% what the damage looked like but she slid down that hill and left a decent blood trail in the snow till she came to her final resting spot in a little tree.

Awesome thank you for sharing. I'm rebarelling to 7SAUM and am getting an 8 twist. What is your barrel length and muzzle velocity?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.