Help with a 7mm caliber build

The 28 nosler blew me away so i highly recommend it.slings the 195 bullets really well without having to hotrod the loads.

Hi everyone, I need help deciding on a 7mm caliber that would be best suited for the 195 grn Bergers , I work for Montana Vintage Arms as a Machinist and my Awesome Boss is Giving me a 1885 Winchester 1400.00 Highwall action to call my own to build, all I need to do is decide on a Barrel brand ,twist and length , and wood for this long range single shot gun. Im pretty excited about it. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I have a Browning 78 which is basically the same thing. It is chambered in 30/375 S.I. It shoots very well and makes a great long range rifle which you can pack. I had Bartlein contour a barrel to fit the original setup so I did not have to modify the forearm. It is a heavy palma on the breech tapering to a light Palma and contours at .750" at 28". It is 2" shorter than my remington which only has a 26" barrel.
DSCF0275.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.