Help! talk me down! Remington 700 SPS Stainless Bolt Action Centerfire Rifle 30.06

I have an SPS in 300RUM, I like it, not terribly enamoured with it's looks, but it is functional and doesn't have any issues as it is a 2015 model. Nothing wrong with the older Remington's, even my 2021 Sendero II models I bought for projects are fairly good, triggers are junk, bolt timing is junk, but make good customs with PT&G one piece bolts…

Cheers.

Well, did you get it???
I purchased a Remington 700 SPS SS in 3006 with 5R rifling. The gun looks great. But I have not scoped or shot it yet. The stock is normal Tupperware. The trigger is adjustable. I adjusted it down. It is not horrible. As soon as I am able to scope it and shoot it I will report back.

The stocks on the SPS models are junk. If you decide to keep it, grind off the nub under the barrel at the front of the forend. I strongly suggest you substitute a Magpul Hunter stock with the aluminum block. Also, go to erniethegunsmith.com and get a trigger spring for it.

The stocks on the SPS models are junk. If you decide to keep it, grind off the nub under the barrel at the front of the forend. I strongly suggest you substitute a Magpul Hunter stock with the aluminum block. Also, go to erniethegunsmith.com and get a trigger spring for it.
Joe, Thank you for the great suggestions. I have the Magpul stock on my 308 and I love it! I am planning on using this gun for hunting mainly. For now, I will probably bed the rifle in the Tupperware stock. Later on, I may purchase a Bell and Carlson stock. I recently purchased a Bell and Carlson for my Sako 25.06 and I love it. I skim-bedded it and it works great. I wonder what people think about the M40-style stock for hunting? What is the best style for hunting? I may also consider a lightweight folding chassis style depending on what others say the recoil is like.

Also, I need some advice on scopes. I want the best I can afford which is less than $1,000. What do people think about the Vortex PST Gen. II? I would prefer a company with a lifetime warranty like Leupold, Vortex, etc. I am also looking for a First Focal plane scope and 3-18 or 4-20 on the magnification. I might try to take it out to 1,000 yds sometimes for fun!

For hunting, I have my 30.06 Remington 721 in a Boyds Prairie Hunter stock. I bedded it with Marine Tex 10 years ago and it is still shooting great! In my opinion, it is the best bedding compound to use. 3 years ago, on a deer hunt in N. Florida, we spent an afternoon target shooting at 2-400 yards and it shot a nice 2" group at 400 yards, so the old girl is still going strong. I am no expert on scopes, but for hunting I want the best glass I can find and the least do-dads. I also want a scope that can be lowered to 2-3X for a wide FOV on running shot. Very hard to beat a Leupold VX5HD 2-10x42mm scope. The Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10X424 that my friend has is pretty impressive (to me at least) as well. At half the price of the Leupold, the glass is almost as clear.

I have a chance to buy one of these "Remington 700 SPS Stainless Bolt Action Centerfire Rifle 30.06" for $676. I am having a weak moment! It has 5r rifling and endless customization possibilities. The biggest negative is it does not have a threaded muzzle.

Does anyone have have recent Remington 700 SPS? Am I about to make a big mistake? Would I be better off with Bergara B14?

TIA
Buy 1 of both Remington and Bergara then your guaranteed not to make a mistake!!

For the $ , I firmly think they are the best deal on a stainless rifle currently produced.
I just shot a 0.268" three shot group this weekend with 180 ELDM's with only thirty rounds down the barrel. Seems like a great deal to me.
1698782439346.jpeg