Help! talk me down! Remington 700 SPS Stainless Bolt Action Centerfire Rifle 30.06

Kiowa Cowboy

I have a chance to buy one of these "Remington 700 SPS Stainless Bolt Action Centerfire Rifle 30.06" for $676. I am having a weak moment! It has 5r rifling and endless customization possibilities. The biggest negative is it does not have a threaded muzzle.

Does anyone have have recent Remington 700 SPS? Am I about to make a big mistake? Would I be better off with Bergara B14?

TIA

I have a Rem 700 5r 308 and it is very accurate. But it has a heavy contour barrel. Not really made for lugging through the woods. I also have a 25.06, so I have always thought reloading for 25.06 and 30.06 would make perfect sense. I like the versatility of the 30.06. If it is accurate, I can add a better stock and trigger over time. I am sooo....weak :)! If anybody knows anything bad about these, please let me know.

I have a chance to buy one of these "Remington 700 SPS Stainless Bolt Action Centerfire Rifle 30.06" for $676. I am having a weak moment! It has 5r rifling and endless customization possibilities. The biggest negative is it does not have a threaded muzzle.

Does anyone have have recent Remington 700 SPS? Am I about to make a big mistake? Would I be better off with Bergara B14?

TIA

Come down to Austin, I'll thread it for free. Just don't rub it in... no Sooners anything after we lost at the Cotton Bowl...

my BNL, bought one same model in 300 ultra mag , just scoped it& didn't change out the trigger,and Son shot he's first elk with it ,bbl not even broke in .granted it was a couple years back but still ,I'll stand up and Champion Remington,my Last purchase was a predator M7 243 ,that i changed out the trigger with a Trigger Techand she's Golden 😉🧐😆

my BNL, bought one same model in 300 ultra mag , just scoped it& didn't change out the trigger,and Son shot he's first elk with it ,bbl not even broke in .granted it was a couple years back but still ,I'll stand up and Champion Remington,my Last purchase was a predator M7 243 ,that i changed out the trigger with a Trigger Techand she's Golden 😉🧐😆
Thank you for the feedback! What a great story!