Help me design my reloading area

I was planning on bolting this to the underside of the table, but maybe i'll go the small toolbox on wheels route.
View attachment 247963

Got 3 votes for 8 foot, none for 6 foot so far........

I'm also thinking maybe i'll just throw up a temporary 2x8 piece of plywood on adjustable stands for a week to visualize how it would all work out before I commit to the purchase.

I'm new to reloading, so i've got some time before I find primers. =/
Have some drawers like these and they continually slide open, catching all kinda debris and getting in in way. Be sure you can get them to stay shut.

My workbench is 9' x 2' of Maple glued and bolted together. My son made his out of 10' 2x4's on end glued and bolted, then sanded / planed smooth.

I added a 1/4 " steel plate 12" by 9' to the top and bolted this in place with 6 bolts through the table. Then I drilled and tapped where each machine goes, so I did not weaken the table at all.

Go to home depot get you a portable workbench reinforce the top with 3/4 inch ply would and get a shelving unit by husky I think the total for both was 200.00 or 250.00 the storage unit holds 5000 lbs I think I like the workbench because you can adapt the wood frame to make it work for different bolt patterns when swapping presses etc

My workbench is 9' x 2' of Maple glued and bolted together. My son made his out of 10' 2x4's on end glued and bolted, then sanded / planed smooth.

I added a 1/4 " steel plate 12" by 9' to the top and bolted this in place with 6 bolts through the table. Then I drilled and tapped where each machine goes, so I did not weaken the table at all.
Can you post a pic?

I use a similar bench you are looking. The matching cabinet is behind that holds dies, components, etc.

The bench stays clear like this or my OCD would make me twitch...

937A56A7-18D3-4386-B688-6B00B11E6A29.jpeg

I built mine out of some heart pine from a textile mill that was being torn down. The heavier the bench the better, and this one is a beast but its 6 ft and 36" high with drawers and shelves and I can get every thing in it except my power that I store in a cabinet in the same room. You will want a nice vise and a sold mount for your press, I had my buddy fabricate me one to set at the right height and angle.
At 36" I can either stand and sit on a stool and get my work done. To me its the best height.
IMG_0683.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0889.jpg
IMG_0946.jpg

I haven't yet gotten all the way thru the posts, but I agree with all who said that you can't have enough light in the area. If a shelf is going to create a dark area it should have some under-shelf LEDs on it.

I use an old 4 drawer file cabinet for storage of components & some of the tools. Cheap when used, and has drawer glides designed for weight.

I went with a 6' bench because that was all that would fit in the space available. I wish for an 8 footer every time I work on something.

I haven't yet gotten all the way thru the posts, but I agree with all who said that you can't have enough light in the area. If a shelf is going to create a dark area it should have some under-shelf LEDs on it.

I use an old 4 drawer file cabinet for storage of components & some of the tools. Cheap when used, and has drawer glides designed for weight.

I went with a 6' bench because that was all that would fit in the space available. I wish for an 8 footer every time I work on something.
+1!! Lights are a must. I have LED under shelf lighting, Drafting table light and two ceiling lights directly over my bench.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.