Help me use my components wisely! 7mmRM

eric1115

Ok so here's where I'm at:
Got an accurate but slow load developed on my current batch of 50 nosler brass. 180 Berger Hybrid, 64.5g H1000. 2750 fps. .75 MOA out to 600. Brass has 5 firings, annealed after 4, and hopefully have a few more firings since I'm running such a mild load. I'm loading to 3.475 COAL, which is about .040 off the lands so I should be able to get to the upper end or a little over book max I think.

I've got my next batch of 50 Nosler brass, it's about 20g heavier avg than my current batch. Also around 150 1x fired Hornady brass from when I was shooting factory, but much prefer working with the Nosler.

I have 50 180g HVLD's that I picked up when I started loading for this rifle, and a couple hundred hybrids with a couple hundred more on the way. I have just under 1lb of RL22 and close to 5lb of H1000 left. Here's what I'm thinking:

Load the 50 vld's up with a mid charge of RL22 that roughly lines up with 64.5g H1000 to figure out what seating depth they like using Berger's seating depth test method. This will fireform the brass, and if I ever have to run the VLD's due to limited Hybrid availability I have a good starting point.

I'm assuming there's no point trying to use the virgin brass to try and find a higher node with the hybrids, right? I'm going to need to get it run through the gun once first to get meaningful results?

I hate to burn H1000, brass life, and especially primers chasing a higher node on my current batch of brass not knowing how many more firings I'll get before having to back it off again and work up for the new batch of brass, so I'm thinking I'll just keep this load until it's done.

Thoughts, suggestions, advice? Sorry for the long-winded story, just want to get all the relevant info included. Thanks!