Help me design my reloading area

Its coming together. This bench is SOLID......wow, super overkill that it'll probably never hold more than 60 lbs on it. Hopefully shelves and maybe outlets tomorrow.

1613280203957.png

One thing to check with using a commercial made bench is where the bolt holes for your press and other tools will line up on the frame of the bench.
The various Inline Fab mounts can be used to deal with this problem. Worked for me, and gave me a QD so that I can easily change to different presses as the project requires. I don't have the room to mount everything all at once.

The various Inline Fab mounts can be used to deal with this problem. Worked for me, and gave me a QD so that I can easily change to different presses as the project requires. I don't have the room to mount everything all at once.
My press is finally coming, once I get it put together I'll determined the best height and I'm buying an inine fab QD for it as well.

One thing to check with using a commercial made bench is where the bolt holes for your press and other tools will line up on the frame of the bench.
That's a good note. I may have to drill through some of the metal substructure, but I also didnt have to design/cut/get supplies, so there's trade offs to everything. I should be able to get 2/4 of the bolt holes to miss metal, hey, it'll probably be stronger if it does penetrate metal, I'll have to think about this.

I was planning on bolting this to the underside of the table, but maybe i'll go the small toolbox on wheels route.
View attachment 247963

Got 3 votes for 8 foot, none for 6 foot so far........

I'm also thinking maybe i'll just throw up a temporary 2x8 piece of plywood on adjustable stands for a week to visualize how it would all work out before I commit to the purchase.

I'm new to reloading, so i've got some time before I find primers. =/
I found going 30 inches deep provides plenty of storage space behind your workspace on the 8 foot bench. The Bench with the vice is 6 foot and the bench with the presses is 8 foot. Both are ~30"

Attachments

• E1E9D4AC-954B-444F-A08B-BDFFE52E30BC.jpeg
    E1E9D4AC-954B-444F-A08B-BDFFE52E30BC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • E6432646-30BA-47DF-B587-425CB62A72BE.jpeg
    E6432646-30BA-47DF-B587-425CB62A72BE.jpeg
    986.6 KB · Views: 127
I found going 30 inches deep provides plenty of storage space behind your workspace on the 8 foot bench. The Bench with the vice is 6 foot and the bench with the presses is 8 foot. Both are ~30"
Woah, double 3/4" ply top on that 30"x96", STOUT! also I like your mega long screwdrivers.

30" would have been nice depth, but I didn't want to encroach into the the room where my reloading is.

Woah, double 3/4" ply top on that 30"x96", STOUT! also I like your mega long screwdrivers.

30" would have been nice depth, but I didn't want to encroach into the the room where my reloading is.
Understood you have to work with what space you have. We just retired and bought a house that had an extra garage space so that became my reloading room. It is sealed up pretty good and insulated so with a simple oil space heater it keeps it pretty nice even with it being 0° right now. Those are my cleaning rods, BTW.

I'm excited to announce my reloading area just got 48" wider!

I rearranged the floorplan for my basement finishing project and gained more space. now I have to strategically undo several boards on the right side and scab in to extend the wood wall without having a seem straight down the wall. I got it figured out. Will post pictures later.

Also got my RCBS Summit press in the mail, yay! now i just need primers, bullets and powder, lmfao.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.