Help Me Decide On HBN

Can't really help there either. Always had first shot on clean wet barrel. I clean between relays so I am always starting that way. I can say that at 1000 yards a clean barrel hits about 18 inches low. Normally takes 2 just to get back to your normal trajectory.
Shep

For me grouping tightened up to where my first shot cold bore is always an indicator of where the rest of the shots will go if I don't goof up. I lie down on dirt and rocks with no wind flags. I shoot from this ridge to that lying on the ground in rocks and sticker bushes with no wind flags. hBN has been advantageous but it isn't a magic elixir. Try for yourself.

Yes. I tumble 77gr smk, 168gr and/or 180gr vld along with 250gr .452" ftx. I fill the bottle 2/3 full. This combo has produced the best finish for me. I don't even care about coating the FTX's but the size and weight seem to help. I sometimes use the same bullets FTX's a few times. It doesn't seem to coat them more or better.

Yes. I tumble 77gr smk, 168gr and/or 180gr vld along with 250gr .452" ftx. I fill the bottle 2/3 full. This combo has produced the best finish for me. I don't even care about coating the FTX's but the size and weight seem to help. I sometimes use the same bullets FTX's a few times. It doesn't seem to coat them more or better.
Thanks. Figured this would be the best way to get a fuller bottle of needed.

idcwby

Thanks. Figured this would be the best way to get a fuller bottle of needed.

idcwby
It is impact plating so I've come to find that a violent "rattling" is less effective. You may find differently or find something better.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.