Have we forgot Pearl Harbor?

Being a 2nd generation Japanese American I am acutely aware of Pearl Harbor Day. As a kid I couldn't go to school on that day due to death threats. I was surprised by the lack of acknowledgement of Pearl Harbor Day. I consider it a lack of respect to all our servicemen/ veterans. It's important to remember our history.
My great grandpa Maximilian came over from Germany. Everybody in America came from somewhere. All looking to just be free!
Hopefully we will have enough of that blood (freedom seekers) to continue to fight to be free. Because sadly freedom will never be free.

I was referring to the character in the movie, not Pat Morita who played Mr. Myagi
Right on. I was trying to clarify things but probably made it more confusing. Meant to reply to blue dogs post instead of yours.

At my work morning meeting, I asked that we take a moment to recognize the event, the people who lost their lives in the attack, and the almost 500K Americans who died in WWII.
Seems to me, history is being lost at an alarming rate, supplanted with post-modern thinking.

At my work morning meeting, I asked that we take a moment to recognize the event, the people who lost their lives in the attack, and the almost 500K Americans who died in WWII.
Seems to me, history is being lost at an alarming rate, supplanted with post-modern thinking.
I agree, and you know what they say when we forget our history.
Terminator GIF

1941, Wild Bill Kelso and his P40 "Fill Her Up" (about minute and a half on the You tube), was a week after Pearl Harbor December 14, 1941, classic American Hero