Have we forgot Pearl Harbor?

Being a 2nd generation Japanese American I am acutely aware of Pearl Harbor Day. As a kid I couldn't go to school on that day due to death threats. I was surprised by the lack of acknowledgement of Pearl Harbor Day. I consider it a lack of respect to all our servicemen/ veterans. It's important to remember our history.

Being a 2nd generation Japanese American I am acutely aware of Pearl Harbor Day. As a kid I couldn't go to school on that day due to death threats. I was surprised by the lack of acknowledgement of Pearl Harbor Day. I consider it a lack of respect to all our servicemen/ veterans. It's important to remember our history.
Yep, I understand it was a very bad time for the "Americans" with Japanese ancestry, but they walked the walk with their heads high. Connected to Pearl was the story of the 442nd Infantry Regiment and the patriotism and valor shown by some great Americans of the Greatest Generation. Cheers

1702152375175.png

Yep, I understand it was a very bad time for the "Americans" with Japanese ancestry, but they walked the walk with their heads high. Connected to Pearl was the story of the 442nd Infantry Regiment and the patriotism and valor shown by some great Americans of the Greatest Generation. Cheers

View attachment 519333
Yup and the all Japanese American 442nd/ 100th rescued the Texas Lost Battalion. The 442nd lost over 800 men to rescue around 270 Texans. I had "Go for Broke" on my kpot while I was in. Lost it when I was recalled for DS. https://www.history.com/news/japanese-american-442-wwii-lost-battalion

View attachment 519333
Mr. Myagi was in the 442nd!