Have we forgot Pearl Harbor?

Simple answer for many, yes, and many do not care.

Not only have many forgotten Pearl Harbor and December 7, 1941, many youth today are not even being taught US History, or if they are, some selective version of it. I have a 39 year old daughter in law with a masters degree who knows very little of American history, civics, the Constitution, etc, and over the Thanksgiving holiday and during a general discussion on things, I mentioned the Spirit of St. Louis and Charles Lindbergh, and she had no idea who he was, what he did nor his famous plane.

This is just one of the many topics over the past few years she has no idea on, but given she is very liberal and from Seattle, I understand she holds a certain point of view.
At 75, while I`d like to stick around longer as long as I`m reasonably healthy, I`ll in all likelihood shuffle off this mortal coil before this nation fully realizes the destiny that your post illustrates. That`ll be fine with me. As it is, this country is a far cry from the one for which I wore the uniform and swore to protect. And that was as recently as the 1970`s!

" Well Mr. Franklin, what have you given us?"
" A republic madam, if you can keep it."

My local news station had a trivia question this morning on how many planes of the Japanese did we shoot down.

29 were shot down and if I heard right that was out of 53, so even though we were surprised we got over half.

Thanks to all that fought WWII.
Far more than 53 airplanes attacked that day. The second wave alone had something like 159.

Still, 29 kills in a day over Hawaii is pretty hardcore. And 14 of those alone by two AAF pilots, 7 each.

Today's schools teach nothing. Look at our steadily dropping tests scores. History of the evolution of this country would only go against the agenda they try to teach. Taking down statues of history is them trying to destroy it. I always was taught that you learned from history, but I guess that is when we were actually taught.
Our schools DO teach something- they teach them that everything in our history books (and everything we were taught as kids) is a lie told by racist white men to advance "our" agenda.

I'm with Turkeytider- I'm glad I won't be here to see where todays leaders are taking this once great Country.

My friends daughter has been in Montana for a few years working with veterans. I believe It was two years ago she was so proud to have gotten to help the last remaining Pearl Harbor vet in Montana. Sent me an article about him. Im not sure if he is still alive. Not all young people take it lightly. She loves veterans as do my boys.

I will never forget! I will also never own a kung foo wagon. I knew a veteran that was at Pearl a few days after the attack and he said he will never have one in his driveway. One of his daughters bought one and he nearly disown her. She had to park across the street when she came to visit. God bless all of our veterans!

What freaked me out was about 25 years ago I was eating at a table full of teachers at lunch. I mentioned that a mountain lion researcher told me that the holocaust never happened and that it was all right wing propaganda used to get America into WW2 so we could have cheap oil.

Now for the part that freaked me out... ALL of the 7 or 8 teachers at the table said that they had college professors who said the same thing. There were about 5 universities/colleges represented by these 7 or 8 teachers out here in rural Missouri.

I told them that if they wanted the history from somone who could still smell and practically taste the trenches of dead bodies they needed to talk to some of the WWII vets I knew who were there at the holocaust. My uncle told me that rotting people don't smell at all like rotting animals.

So, THAT is the kind of lies they are teaching!!!

Recent Posts