Hammer Hunter Load Data, (See page 1, Post 8)

I'm going to finish this ladder test now that I know the double ejector in my CA are showing false pressure, will stick to primer flattening amd bolt lift.
I have 70.0 70.5 71.0 71.5 72 yet to shoot.
Will update...
For now I have H1000 data
33 nosler, 26" carbon barrel 1-10 twist, 1x fired nosler brass, amp aztek annealed, shoulder bumped .004" from fired during full length sizing, all standard chamfers on brass. FED 215 primer, 260gr. Hammer hunters, COAL 3.580" 70° temp, elevation 900ft, shot over labradar.

Hodgdon book data for a 265gr and 250gr for reference

265gr. Start 74gr 2627
75gr 2650
76gr. 2675
77gr. 2697
78gr. 2756
78.5gr 2786
79gr. Failed to read
79.5gr
Just for once I wanted to have a clean full info post and I dropped phone and it posted...
79.5gr. 2803 no pressure but heard a little crunching when seating bullet do not want to run compressed loads

Just for once I wanted to have a clean full info post and I dropped phone and it posted...
79.5gr. 2803 no pressure but heard a little crunching when seating bullet do not want to run compressed
What is everybody's fear of compressed loads? I don't feel a little crunchy powder at seating is a big deal and never has been. If it's pushing the bullet back out. Thats a freaking problem. I feel very few loads are compressed enough to cause real issues.

What is everybody's fear of compressed loads? I don't feel a little crunchy powder at seating is a big deal and never has been. If it's pushing the bullet back out. Thats a freaking problem. I feel very few loads are compressed enough to cause real issues.
I dont really know, I was told to load one and measure it and let it sit to see if the bullet pushes out

If it's that compressed go to a faster powder

What is everybody's fear of compressed loads?
If you're using certain types of seating dies you can bell the seating stem and if you keep using that stem ultimately trash the die. If a lightly compressed load can't be fixed with a drop tube move a step faster.

This is why my powder stock has a pound or two of nearly everything Hodgdon makes. If something compresses or shoots poorly it's easy to grab what the next fastest powder is on the chart and try it. Whatever your favorite flavor of powder is, buy a pound of each of their burn rates that work for what you're shooting and try them out.

7 total spare pounds of H4895 - Varget - H4350 - 100V - H4831 - H1000 - H50BMG covers pretty much every 6.5 and 30 I own. Defiantly not a huge investment in the grand scheme.

I believe the biggest issue it can cause when tightly compressed is making the powder clump together causing powder bridging/ pressure spikes in some cases. It probably won't happen if the loads are shot not to long after being loaded but if they set for a long period of time or in humid conditions the powder will clump. I've pulled Bullets and broken down loads for a guy that had loaded way to hot for his 300Norma and 338 Lapua with Retumbo. They had only been sitting a month or 2 and I had to stick a small screw driver inside the cases to break up the powder clumps just to get it out of the case. I myself use some compressed loads but I live in a very dry climate and my ammo always get shot shortly after being loaded most times.

I have not had an issue personally. Some reloaders hear the slights Bullet to powder contact they will scrap an accurate load. Have a buddy says if he can't hear powder shake in the case he won't use it. Some guys seem very scared of the slightest crunch. I my self have never ran into a load so compressed it could damage seating stems or push bullets out. I'd think there are other signs before it gets that far.

I have not had an issue personally. Some reloaders hear the slights Bullet to powder contact they will scrap an accurate load. Have a buddy says if he can't hear powder shake in the case he won't use it. Some guys seem very scared of the slightest crunch. I my self have never ran into a load so compressed it could damage seating stems or push bullets out. I'd think there are other signs before it gets that far.
I push until the bullet pushes back, you can feel when it's time to move to a faster powder

I push until the bullet pushes back, you can feel when it's time to move to a faster powder
Now that I know my my Christensen gives false ejector marks I'm hoping the reloader 16 will work I was 2.5 grains under book max when I stopped

Going to shoot both H1000 and reloader 16 for groups in either case if I have to settle for 2750 fps I'm more than ok with that I will just know my limits.

Now that I know my my Christensen gives false ejector marks I'm hoping the reloader 16 will work I was 2.5 grains under book max when I stopped
Where did you here this? Curious because I just did some load work up on one in 300 prc and stopped when I saw those marks. Bolt lift wasn't too bad but primers seem to crater below where I started the marks.