.284 win hammer hunter load data???

bowstryder

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with the 143 hammer hunter in a .284 win. Currently running 162gr AMAX with 52 gr of RL17 at 2850 fps out of a fresh 25" bartlein 9 twist. COAL 3.150 (xm length action). I am wanting to try out the HH for hunting game as the amax isn't a great design for animals per say.
I spoke with Steve and he simply mentioned running them up to 3k or faster and go from there. My biggest problem is that I am currently deployed and don't have a lot of time to load develop when I get home for next season......and......Hammers are not cheap! LOL
That being said if I do run into load workup issues with time I have other rifles for hunting, just want to play with the new toy.
Thanks in advance.

I just finished a very accurate load with Barnes 120 gr TTSX using IMR-4166. I tried RL-16, 17, N-550 and the best I could get was .2" but the numbers just weren't consistent. Lastt minute before a range trip I decided to try 4166 and glad I did. .1" and ES in single digits. 3136 FPS. Never tried the hammers as the Barnes were too expensive too.

Load work up shouldn't be a problem with the hammers. I have some 140 absolute hammer to try in a 284 built on a SA. Just no time to shoot it yet. Please update after your load is developed.

UPDATE.
Made it home for a couple days and put together 52 gr of rl17 under the 143 hammer hunter fed210 primer. 3 shot group measured .311 at 100yds. Did not chrono and didn't shoot any more than that but I literally just put that bullet in my 162gr amax accuracy load and went with it. Shot off the back of a truck with just a bipod and my 6 year old son moving around a bit. I think I can tune it just a bit better but for "shot in the dark" load I am impressed.
primers were just a touch flattened but no pressure signs to speak of.