Hammer Hunter Load Data, (See page 1, Post 8)

Where did you here this? Curious because I just did some load work up on one in 300 prc and stopped when I saw those marks. Bolt lift wasn't too bad but primers seem to crater below where I started the marks.
I experienced it, easy bolt lift no primer flattening just the ejector marks even on loads way below book start. It seems to be tapering off some with use. I don't know if they are just stiff or if being double ejectors the one is located where there is a force happening other than pressure sign. I have seen article of people trying to remove one of their ejectors.

Good to know, thx. Mine started showing up after primer was showing pressure. Bolt lift was no change. Speed was about 100fps over expected for charge from the beginning. Maybe tight chamber? No complaints

Good to know, thx. Mine started showing up after primer was showing pressure. Bolt lift was no change. Speed was about 100fps over expected for charge from the beginning. Maybe tight chamber? No complaints
How many rounds do you have on the gun if you don't mind me asking? I did the 50 round break in per their specs but I am just getting into load development. It seems to beginning to lighten up with more rounds fired. Could just be really stiff

I'd have to look, guess 120ish. I hardly saw any copper so I didn't follow the 50. Mines a shooter and doesn't fowl. Sounds like they're hit or miss. Mine shoots fast and accurate. Might play with hammers eventually but shooting 245 bergers @ 2950 and plan on mostly target shooting but I got a feeling it would really like the hammers.

Anything on a 7 RM with 131 hammer hunters?
You can be the first.

I'd take a look at the Hodgdon Reloading site, you can plug in 7 Rem mag and 130 grain bullet for suggested powders and starting points. Choose a fast powder, start low on the suggestion and work your way up, and I'd suggest seating at least 0.05 off the lands as a starting point. Would also recommend a Lee FCD for best results.

I'm running the 131 in a 7Max, muzzle velocity of 3545 FPS. Strelock says it should be above 1800 FPS out to 800 yards. I did some preliminary testing out to 600 and it's pretty impressive.

Please post results if you work up a load.

Just posted the current update. It contains the first 7RM data on the 131s.
It's missing some info. Hoping @papabearhunts gives us the rest.

More data would be nice! Join in the fun!
I should have more 33 nosler data here once Temps settle down

Anything on a 7 RM with 131 hammer hunters?

Nosler has starting data for the 140gr E-Tip, Hodgdon lists the 139gn Hornady GMX, and Alliant lists the 140gr TSX. Those should be good starting points if you're working up completely from scratch. It'll be a longer powder ladder to max out since you'll probably start too low with that data, but someone has to be first! 23 different powders listed between those three sources, there should be something in there to get you going.

Haven't killed anything yet with the Hammer Hunters..(didn't draw the danged tag....).

Brand new (131 round count) Tikka T3x 6.5CM stainless factory bought JUST for the hunt. The flyer was ALL me.

The .280AI is R700 w/ stainless Bartlein that has a 2,636 round count. I only had 6 HH rounds left and came off the rifle between rounds. That's TWO 3-shot groups that average .816 MOA between them. Old Akkie is still doin' it, n' doin' it, and doin' it well! Load is 62.3g RE-23 @ .025 off the lands and 1/8 turn crimp per MR. Butter Bean's SOP. Standard caution, this MAY not be safe in your rifle....work up slowly to determine a safe load in YOUR rifle.

If THAT don't season yer wood, then you don't have a 2x4! Waiting on USPS to bring more goodies from HH!

Last edited: Today at 1:58 PM
Life is short and we ain't gettin out alive!

Attachments

• 6.5 CM 124g HH.JPG
    6.5 CM 124g HH.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • .280 AI 143g HH.JPG
    .280 AI 143g HH.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
Just finished load development on my 7 RUM. Here's the pertinents:

7mm Remington Ultra Magnum
145 grain Hammer Hunter
26" barrel 1:9.5 twist
Virgin ADG brass - neck sized and chamfered
Federal 215M primer
3.850" COAL
102 grains N570
3635 FPS

I did load development and shot a .38 moa group. I took the gun out to verify drops and shot this .5 moa group at 415 yards.

E745B5EA-9C5C-4B16-B3BA-B2E8C19CDD98.jpeg

I had two rounds left, so I backed off to 525 yards and shot this .2 moa group.

E743241C-47AD-4BB3-8A40-B1E3D63D8756.jpeg

OK, folks. Steve at Hammer Bullets has been getting requests for load data on Hammer Hunter bullets.

There is an extensive spreadsheet for Absolute Hammer Load Data developed and shared by members on this Forum.

Data for Hammer Hunters is on the Hammertime Forum, but it has not been placed into a spreadsheet for easy reference.

In the next few days, I will be posting Hammer Hunter data in another spreadsheet on this Forum. After it is posted you will have info for both style bullets in basically one location.

Once the new spreadsheet is posted, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT LOAD DATA AND PROCESSES FOR LOADING HAMMERS AND ABSOLUTES IS VERY DIFFERENT!!!!!!

Before loading either Hammers or Absolutes, please read the information/guidance on the Hammer Bullets webpage!

Stay tuned for further developments.
G
CA 6.5x284 26" 8 twist
Lapua brass
Fed 210M
124 HH (3.088" COAL)
52.5 gr Hybrid 100V
3,240 fps.

Just finished load development on my 7 RUM. Here's the pertinents:

7mm Remington Ultra Magnum
145 grain Hammer Hunter
26" barrel 1:9.5 twist
Virgin ADG brass - neck sized and chamfered
Federal 215M primer
3.850" COAL
102 grains N570
3635 FPS

I did load development and shot a .38 moa group. I took the gun out to verify drops and shot this .5 moa group at 415 yards.

View attachment 294635

I had two rounds left, so I backed off to 525 yards and shot this .2 moa group.

View attachment 294636
Awesome trigger work