Hammer Hunter 7mm 90 grainers

Rich Coyle

20221209_102626.jpg
Resized_20221211_090352.jpeg

Here are a couple groups of my load work up using Hammer Hunter 7mm 90 grain bullets from my 26" barrel 7-.338RUM with a .350" long neck by using 7RUM brass. The bullets were lightly crimped in the top "groove". The "L" is 1" tall and 1" wide. The groups were fired from 100 yards.

The one on the left was fired with cartridges from my pocket inside of two sweatshirts. The temp showed 76*. The other was fired with cartridges standing on the bench. The temp was about 40*. I have no idea why the Oehler 33 gave such wild velocity spread the second day.

The word "stiff" means the bolt was difficult to open. I had to stand up and lift it. The word "sticky" means there was barely resistance. I didn't have to change my shooting position.

GL,
Two clicks left and this one is finished.
I fired until I hit pressure and backed off 1.5 grains and called it good. Then I fired the five shot group pictured. That's part of the beauty of Hammers. I did the same with H4350. I believe it's more temperature stable.

Next week I will try six five shot groups with six different primers powered by H4350.

I can thank Hammer bullets for the Christmas discount in December.

View attachment 417202View attachment 417204

Here are a couple groups of my load work up using Hammer Hunter 7mm 90 grain bullets from my 26" barrel 7-.338RUM with a .350" long neck by using 7RUM brass. The bullets were lightly crimped in the top "groove". The "L" is 1" tall and 1" wide. The groups were fired from 100 yards.

The one on the left was fired with cartridges from my pocket inside of two sweatshirts. The temp showed 76*. The other was fired with cartridges standing on the bench. The temp was about 40*. I have no idea why the Oehler 33 gave such wild velocity spread the second day.

The word "stiff" means the bolt was difficult to open. I had to stand up and lift it. The word "sticky" means there was barely resistance. I didn't have to change my shooting position.
Time for a LabRadar 😉