25 cal 90 gr absolute hammer or 92 gr hammer hunter

That is nice
Here's his buck from last year with them.
IMG_20211010_113347474_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211010_113330951_HDR.jpg

Cant argue with that. Do you remember around how far it was?
Yes it was between 190 and 200 down hill. First shot he hit little far back right under the Backstrap. It dropped him like a ton of bricks. Then he tried to hit it in the head to put it out but shot the one side of the horn off. Third shot was the charm right behind the ear. He was fifteen years old at this time.

i think you are fighting an barrel timing exit situation , and all of your tried cup and core heavies are leaving muzzle an near the same "out of node" timing -- i found that switching to a mono bullet got me into a different vibration with a particular rifle , so i would strongly recommend a mono bullet or a much lighter cup and core ,

this happened to me with a shorter than normal barrel for the cartridge ,338wm approx 7-9 bullets combo'd with 5 plus powders , as soon as i switched to a mono , that rifle became my tightest shooter

I'm not trying to steer you away from hammer by all means. Hammer is a great bullet and we took 3 mule deer this year with the 121gr HH out of my 257 Blackbird. It's just this one worked very well with the small case and not taking up to much room for powder. Something you have to consider when going to monos. Heavy they are the longer they are.

The 90 gr mono will be shorter though. His twist keeps him below 100 gr
Yeah you might be right. I'm not sure what twist my sons barrel is. It's a factory winchester. I put a 7 twist carbon muller on my daughter's and she's shooting the 117gr Cayuga. O man you talk about a good combo for that little round man it shoots lol.

Yes it was between 190 and 200 down hill. First shot he hit little far back right under the Backstrap. It dropped him like a ton of bricks. Then he tried to hit it in the head to put it out but shot the one side of the horn off. Third shot was the charm right behind the ear. He was fifteen years old at this time.
Good for him, it seems like the bullet did its job.

i think you are fighting an barrel timing exit situation , and all of your tried cup and core heavies are leaving muzzle an near the same "out of node" timing -- i found that switching to a mono bullet got me into a different vibration with a particular rifle , so i would strongly recommend a mono bullet or a much lighter cup and core ,

this happened to me with a shorter than normal barrel for the cartridge ,338wm approx 7-9 bullets combo'd with 5 plus powders , as soon as i switched to a mono , that rifle became my tightest shooter
That's kinda what I was thinking, i was thinking about a tuner but I would have to thread it and everything. So shooting lighter bullets seems like the option.

I'm not trying to steer you away from hammer by all means. Hammer is a great bullet and we took 3 mule deer this year with the 121gr HH out of my 257 Blackbird. It's just this one worked very well with the small case and not taking up to much room for powder. Something you have to consider when going to monos. Heavy they are the longer they are.
Yeah, I have to seat the bullets to 2.36 or less anyways to put them in the magazine, any heavier bullet takes up alot of space and the slower powders leave no room in the case.

I shoot the 75 HH in my 257ai at just under 3400 and its devastating on whitetail. Always exits. The heavies arent necessary unless youre shooting long distances. The 75 is a laser