172 gr Absolute Hammer Load.

WahooYahoo

I ordered up 100 Absolute Hunters in 172gr for my 7 Sherman Max. Looking for a good powder and point to start with. I have H1000, Retumbo, Varget, H4350, VV 570. 565, RL23, RL26 but I can't find a starting point for them. Anyone help?

e

I assumed the description to be accurate. I have 1:8" twist. Have there been problems with stabilization of the AH 172 in an 8 twist?

1633353791222.png

I

The issue may be full stabilization of the bullet and speed. What we are learning is that a stability rating of 2 or better is more desirable and as much velocity as possible. It may shoot well in your rifle. Try it and see. I think you will find better stability numbers dropping down in weight and going up in speed. For years, everybody has chased a stability rating of 1.5. This is fine for bullet flight, but terminal velocity and terminal stability (penetration) seems to be better at 2 or more with the Hammers. There is a group of dedicated shooters testing the Hammers as we speak! For more info and some good reading, you might checkout the Hammertime Forum as well .

The issue may be full stabilization of the bullet and speed. What we are learning is that a stability rating of 2 or better is more desirable and as much velocity as possible. It may shoot well in your rifle. Try it and see. I think you will find better stability numbers dropping down in weight and going up in speed. For years, everybody has chased a stability rating of 1.5. This is fine for bullet flight, but terminal velocity and terminal stability (penetration) seems to be better at 2 or more with the Hammers. There is a group of dedicated shooters testing the Hammers as we speak! For more info and some good reading, you might checkout the Hammertime Forum as well .
X-2

The 155 HH worked great in my 1:8 26" Proof 7SS. 57gr H4350 @3060fps. BC of .206 from Litz worked spot on in Trasol but not so hot at distance in AB or BallisticsARC. Extremely accurate at 700yds. Interested in trying the 169HH or an AH next to maybe get mor BC but the 155 was so stupid simple to load for….