131 Hammer Hunter 7mm-08

Thanks B-F-D for another post that leads to a good discussion. Two Q's:
What app are you using to record your shooting info? (I'm using Ballistic-X and I'm not sure if it can do all the lines+ that you're doing).
What does BFD stand for?
Merry Christmas
RR

Thanks B-F-D for another post that leads to a good discussion. Two Q's:
What app are you using to record your shooting info? (I'm using Ballistic-X and I'm not sure if it can do all the lines+ that you're doing).
What does BFD stand for?
Merry Christmas
RR
Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks for the compliment. BFD are my initials of my given name. LOL That combo of letters gets peoples' imagination going and it's a good icebreaker to get some chuckles.

I use a free AP called subMOA on my iphone. I also enter all my data manually into an Excell spreadsheet. I load for 10 or so guns and that's how I keep things straight.

Brad

I wish my wife liked guns and hunting. She likes diamonds and jewelry. I'm still waiting to catch a good weather day to try out the HH120. It is in the 7RM. I really want 7mm-08 in a light weight hunting configuration though.
Oh man! 120 HH in a 7RM will be screaming! You can probably send a 131 HH pretty darn quick too!

131 HH (133gr, and I don't know why they label like this)
Powder: Varget 42gr
Case: Lapua
Primer: WLR
COAL: 2.610"
Ave MV: 2936
Temp: 35 F.
Ele: 750 Ft
Barrel: 22" 1/9 tw
View attachment 321824
The info says 120gr. Forgot to change to 131gr.

View attachment 321825
Forgot the chrono for this one. I'm thinking 2960fps.

Gonna try 42.8 and see if the group keeps shrinking. No pressure signs yet.
Thanks for the great info. I usually shoot my .280 AI but the last 2 years I have been enjoying harvesting whitetails with my 7-08. Im currently shooting 140 AB's with excellent results but will work up a load with 131 HH's next hunting season God willing. Thanks again

So far my 7-08 with a 1:9 bartlein and almost max load of 8208xbr seems to be good. Hovering around 1/2"or slightly bigger with the 131 HH traveling approximately 3000fps. Was a little worried that 8208xbr might be to fast but what do I know……anyone else have success with 8208xbr in the 7-08 and 131HH?

So far my 7-08 with a 1:9 bartlein and almost max load of 8208xbr seems to be good. Hovering around 1/2"or slightly bigger with the 131 HH traveling approximately 3000fps. Was a little worried that 8208xbr might be to fast but what do I know……anyone else have success with 8208xbr in the 7-08 and 131HH?
Looks good to me as long as you're not getting sticky bolt upon ejection. I was told 8208XBR was the replacement/temp stable version of IMR 3031. What's your charge weight?

Currently sitting at 41.5 grains with no pressure signs. As long as the accuracy stays as it has, I'll probably stay there. Apologies to the OP for the sideline but I think this is pertinent info for the thread.