Powder for Hammer Hunter 124gr 7mm

TBuckus

I have a box of 7mm 124gr HH sitting around that I decided to not use in another cartridge.
Im thinking of reloading them for my 7mmWSM for deer. ( I currently use 155gr HH for elk and deer.)
I'm curious to know if anyone has used H4350 for this load, or if you think it would work (hoping butter bean will chime in). Looking at my current powder collection, I'm hoping this will work. Have R26 but running low and us it on two other loads.

Look for other load data for120 grain bullets. Start at about 95% for that bullet then work up until you hit pressure. Back off half grain. See how fast it shoots. If you're already using a 155 you know you can add more powder than book load states for hammers. H4350 should work well. Its made for short fat cases. R26 may be to slow burn. But hell, who knows, experiment.

TBuckus,
I believe you mean 120gr 7mm.
Look at Hammer Hunter Load Data on this Forum. There's data for the 7mm Sherman which is close to the WSM. H 4350 is listed
Yep, my mistake. I'll look at the Sherman post

I have a box of 7mm 124gr HH sitting around that I decided to not use in another cartridge.
Im thinking of reloading them for my 7mmWSM for deer. ( I currently use 155gr HH for elk and deer.)
I'm curious to know if anyone has used H4350 for this load, or if you think it would work (hoping butter bean will chime in). Looking at my current powder collection, I'm hoping this will work. Have R26 but running low and us it on two other loads.

H4350 will do you well, as would R22, R17 or H4831 if you had it.

I'm loading the 119 absolute hammers in a 280AI with 59.7 grains of IMR 4350 getting 3355 fps.
I run the 140 AH over 3300 FPS with H100V out of a 23" barrel 280 AI. I think there's more speed available for you.

I'm running the 120 HH in my 280AI with StaBall at 3540 fps. This is an absolutely devastating round for pronghorn, so I'm sure it will be great for deer

Recent Posts