Graf & Sons service

Well the two different headstamps are pretty much ensuring that the brass is from different lots. If that matters. Also seems that they are selling bulk brass, so none of it is probably from the same lot, same headstamp or not.

I would not have liked being surprised by mixed headstamp either. They should note that in their advertising. Maybe after meeting Mike they will. :D
That make brass in runs, this would be all from one run and all that do is swap the one stamp for HSM. It's more like over run stock not a different run.

All they do is just change the stamp and it's all the same run huh? So what's the difference between a "Lott" of brass and a "run" or brass? And to my understanding brass (or anything) that is the same Lott or run are defined as being manufactured by the same guy on the same machine with the same tooling on the same day etc. nothing different so they are as consistent as possible. Otherwise. I don't care what they stamp on the brass. If I order Bertram brass I should get Bertram brass. Seems pretty simple to me. And how hard is it to have good customer service.. Even if I am a raving lunatic making a mountain out of a mole hill a little customer service goes a long way... Or even not being a total B on the phone.

You can always return the whole mess under their return policy, and then start over with a "better" supplier and see if they perform to your satisfaction.

Or write Bertram on them.

When you pay premium prices for brass, you should expect to get what you pay for. If they advertised it as "mixed head stamps", you would know what to expect.
Just as a side note, I would have returned the brass I didn't want and expected the new brass they returned to me to be all the same head stamp. They should reimburse your cost to return their brass just as a common courtesy expected in customer relations, or they could have at least sent you a return label. No reason you should have to come out of pocket to fix their mistake.
Also, just wondering why some looked annealed, and some didn't? Obviously different lot #'s, or did all the annealed cases have the same headstamp?

When you pay premium prices for brass, you should expect to get what you pay for. If they advertised it as "mixed head stamps", you would know what to expect.
Just as a side note, I would have returned the brass I didn't want and expected the new brass they returned to me to be all the same head stamp. They should reimburse your cost to return their brass just as a common courtesy expected in customer relations, or they could have at least sent you a return label. No reason you should have to come out of pocket to fix their mistake.
Also, just wondering why some looked annealed, and some didn't? Obviously different lot #'s, or did all the annealed cases have the same headstamp?

HSM stuff was annealed

It's all annealed just one has been through a polish after and one did not. All the same run, every manufacturer does one case in a run, they swap out the head stamp for what ever customer the brass is going to and it's also common practice when you have a case made the manufacture will make some with their head stamp. It's all the same 338 RUM.

Return all of it and purchase it somewhere else. You don't like what you got from them so order it elsewhere. Is this that hard?

thats about what its down to since the art of customer service seems elude Grafs. Would have been nice if they would have been able to handle it since I dropped $300 on brass from them

300.00 is alot to spend all at once on brass so graf shd have made more effort to correct the problem.i agree with the other guys,at this point i wd just return all the brass and let someone more worthy receive the funds.

300.00 is alot to spend all at once

Clearly you don't buy much brass, 300 dollars for 200+ pieces, I'd do that all day long and twice on Sunday and it could be head stamped in crayon, go find quality 338 RUM brass, it's actually kind of hard to believe it's available for that kind of money actually!!

Clearly you don't buy much brass, 300 dollars for 200+ pieces, I'd do that all day long and twice on Sunday and it could be head stamped in crayon, go find quality 338 RUM brass, it's actually kind of hard to believe it's available for that kind of money actually!!

To some of us $300 is a decent stack of bills. Maybe I need to change lines of work

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts