fur friendly 7mm rem mag load?

whys it seem like all good things are in Montana? Its one of the most sought after hunting areas in the world. The world class barrels that Lilja makes are hosted out of Montana. The most knowledgeable people i know live in Montana. And so many people like Kirby Allen, Randy Melvin, and many others are very reputable gunsmiths in Montana. It contains very rugged mountainous terrain on the west side, and rolling hills and plains on the east. Great moose hunting pretty much everywhere on the northern part of it. And even caribou hunting in the north. And for the city slick there's places like Billings, Helena, and Missoula. Its just like Alaska but with animals like antelope. :D What more could a guy want?

whys it seem like all good things are in Montana? Its one of the most sought after hunting areas in the world. The world class barrels that Lilja makes are hosted out of Montana. The most knowledgeable people i know live in Montana. And so many people like Kirby Allen, Randy Melvin, and many others are very reputable gunsmiths in Montana. It contains very rugged mountainous terrain on the west side, and rolling hills and plains on the east. Great moose hunting pretty much everywhere on the northern part of it. And even caribou hunting in the north. And for the city slick there's places like Billings, Helena, and Missoula. Its just like Alaska but with animals like antelope. :D What more could a guy want?
Caribou? where? Hell The Breaks are some of the roughest country I've seen anywhere, including the Bitteroots and Absaroka's. Me? I think I'll stay here where I grew up ;)

Caribou? where? Hell The Breaks are some of the roughest country I've seen anywhere, including the Bitteroots and Absaroka's. Me? I think I'll stay here where I grew up ;)

The caribou are in the far far north, in about a 100 mile radius in montana until you hit the border. id rather go to alaska or canada to hunt them. but you can hunt them here in montana.
as long as your the landowner and are doing it for a real reason, such as keeping the grass high enough for horses to feed off.

The caribou are in the far far north, in about a 100 mile radius in montana until you hit the border. id rather go to alaska or canada to hunt them. but you can hunt them here in montana.
as long as your the landowner and are doing it for a real reason, such as keeping the grass high enough for horses to feed off.

I'm in Havre, the border is only 1/2hr drive if your not in a hurry, there's elk herds that run back n forth across the border but that's the first I've ever heard of caribou

A 160 TSX at 2800 fps would be on the short list. I don't know where you can get sptzer boat tail fmj bullets in. 284 . Ballistic Tips are going to blow the heck out of them. The light varmint bullets will make a big explosion of fur. A friend has shot a bunch of Sitka blacktail deer with the 160 TSX and it makes a 2" dia exit hole. A lighter animal would cause less expansion.

What's wrong with your 257 Roberts? Great predator round.

A 160 TSX at 2800 fps would be on the short list. I don't know where you can get sptzer boat tail fmj bullets in. 284 . Ballistic Tips are going to blow the heck out of them. The light varmint bullets will make a big explosion of fur. A friend has shot a bunch of Sitka blacktail deer with the 160 TSX and it makes a 2" dia exit hole. A lighter animal would cause less expansion.

What's wrong with your 257 Roberts? Great predator round.

I just wanted some rounds loaded and ready to go. and my case trimmer was in the shed. It was like all the way across the yard :rolleyes: so i just went ahead and loaded. BAD IDEA!!!! The original wood stock will have to be fixed, and the bolt is complete toast along with the lands of the barrel. Im just having it rebuild from ground up and having it made into a more tactical looking gun and giving it to my nephew that lives in Saskatchewan, canada because it wass his grandfathers and he let me have it. I gave him a call and said hey. The gun is pretty much toast want a tactical deer rifle? he said HELL YEAH!!! But theres a cache. Its mine too... when i come up there to hunt. its mine until i get something witch really int much more than month out of the year in total, and its yours the rest of the time... I mean i am paying a grand to have it redone, i want to still use it... He still went for it. So i only use it for yotes and the occasional fox. he uses it for deer because hes got swift...

Sounds more like a bore obstruction that a beyond Max case length. But. Anyway. Thats too bad. You can buy and scope 2, Savage Axis for 1,000$ . Get a pair of 243s and you would be good to go

sad thing is, ill have to get money somewhere... that sucks because i need the money from pelts to pay for another savage... coyotes are as common here as corn in a corn field... They are such a bother, and you can even call them in at the local shooting range just outside of acton.... So i think for now, ill just use my wifes gun. but just for fun. im gonna get one coyote with a 140 grain nosler ballistic tip :) ill post pictures of him.

Are you sure we aint related= Asking for advice and then do just what you where told would not work anyway:D The 150 Noslers are going to make skinning very interesting I dont care how much you slow them down!
Must be a distant relitive though as I would only use them if Partitions where my only other choice. A leadtip would be a much better choice.
Full steam ahead. Please post video and pics of your results though:)

Im going this weekend with 140 grain bullets almost maxed out!!! :D I just want to see what exactly it does to them....

Ya know. The older I get. The less use I have for the 277-323 dia standard and high velocity rounds. . Not slamming anyone that likes them. But with non homogeneous bullets, they ruin a lot of meat. But on large animals the 338 and up kill better as a rule. . 338 doesn't tear up deer as bad either. But they aren't very versitile. The 223 + 243 are some of the most versitile. . The 6.5 and 25 s are versatile. .

The middle rounds are too big for the little stuff and too little for the big stuff. .

Oh well. Maybe on a broadside behind the shoulder shot it wont be bad. .