What’s your fur friendly coyote bullet

I've always thought that a copper solid like a Hammer or Barnes in a small caliber (.20 or .22) would be ideal for fur. But no experience personally
I've not used a .20 caliber at all and have no experience with Hammers, but the lighter Barnes monos have NOT been fur-friendly in my experience.

I have shot coyotes with a 64gr Federal Fusion while pig hunting and it just pencils through with little to no expansion. Unless you hit the spine or head, they tend to run off a bit before keeling over.

Ed

22-250 with a 12 twist and a 40 gr berger varmint works well for me, minimal damage and no exits.
204 ruger 10 twist 35 gr berger varmint is amazing. Instant death and hardly a hole in the hide.
6mm creedmoor 7.5 twist 108 eldm in and out, small hole but not a ton of damage. Seems like I tried the 88 gr berger fb varmint and they weren't bad on fur either.

I am using a 6x47 lapua with a 14 to 12 gain twist barrel shooting 70gr match kings at 3450fps suppressed. I have shot coyotes at 100 to 750 yards and never had an exit hole bigger that a 50 cent piece. It is a great long range varmint bullet.

I've used 40 gr Nosler ballistic tips with a muzzle velocity of about 3900 fps. Most shots are 50-200 yards. I have shot a few out to 350 yards. I've also used 40 gr Varmagedons with a muzzle velocity around 3400 fps. Unless I hit an "edge", there has only been a small entrance hole and no exit hole.

Wondering what every one is using that's easy on fur for coyotes. Am interested in velocity, twist and bullets. Don't want this to get onto cartridge rant as we all have our favorites.
Most of my shots are short, I've used and liked both the .17 HMR with 17 grain V Max, and the .22 Mag. with 30 grain V Max. both kill with minimal pelt damage, but the .22 Mag. does it a little faster. For longer range the 53 or 55 grain V Max is a very good round depending on which you gun likes best.

Wondering what every one is using that's easy on fur for coyotes. Am interested in velocity, twist and bullets. Don't want this to get onto cartridge rant as we all have our favorites.
I shoot a custom 22-250 and I use 52 grain Hornady's with 34 grains of 4895. Very few will exit a coyote. I've skinned hundreds of coyotes shot with this load...

17 Rem shooting 29gr Kindler gold bullets shot hundreds of coyotes never had exit 40 yards to just shy of 350 yards. Its my go to fur caliber and bullet.

I've not used a .20 caliber at all and have no experience with Hammers, but the lighter Barnes monos have NOT been fur-friendly in my experience.

I have shot coyotes with a 64gr Federal Fusion while pig hunting and it just pencils through with little to no expansion. Unless you hit the spine or head, they tend to run off a bit before keeling over.

Ed
I've shot 1000's of coyotes and 10'000 at least bullets testing to find a good bullet with the least damage I have tried .17", .20", .224" what seam to work the best is Federal Fusion 64 gr.....I just happen upon several 1000 bullets only when they first came to the market....usually I shoot a couple hundred coyotes, bobcat and fox a year....
Largest exit hole has been around the size of a silver dollar at close range most are much smaller its the best fur friendly bullet I have use in the 22-250.....

17 Rem shooting 29gr Kindler gold bullets shot hundreds of coyotes never had exit 40 yards to just shy of 350 yards. Its my go to fur caliber and bullet.
My Sakos both have 10T so I shot the 25's. Oh how I wish they would return. The big .17's have no peer as a fur rifle. there are a lot of wannabees, and some pretty acceptable choices, but the .17's are the best choice.