Free CPS to worthy home.

We had a customer call with a problem with their CPS. Apparently the handle "broke off." The customer had the attitude that there was something wrong with our design or we delivered a faulty unit. The nature of the problem didn't make any sense to me, but whatever. So we overnighted them a new CPS and a label to return the old one to us. We get the old CPS back... and this is what we find.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

It's pretty obvious the guy didn't have the handle screwed in but a thread or two. Not sure how this is our fault, but ok. I guess some folks just don't want to take responsibility for anything. Suffice it to say, it's tough not to get bitter when customers treat you this way. The right thing to do when you screw up like this, is to be honest and pay for replacement parts. That shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this thread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS totally free of charge!
I worked until turning 65 and had to quit due to needing both hips replaced and a knee. Enron took my retirement and social security didn't kick in until 66. In addition to the surgeries caused by years of labor and psoriatic arthritis I don't have funds to purchase anything as nice as your CPS! I use an old RCBS hand press and get by with that. I'm sure you have a better home for the tool, but I would love to have it and would put it to good use. Thanks!

I don't know how to pm you. But if I can get contact information I would like to purchase raffle tickets when they come available. In the mean time I would like to make a donation to your department. Please pm me if you can. Thanks
PM me as well for donations. Would also like to know when your next Precision Rifle course is.
Thanks,
Daryl

First year reloader here just worked up my first batch of 50 6.5cm rounds. Went to the range thought i double and triple checked but it looks like some how i missed two with my priming tool. It works well but you have to pull the handle way out each time or a primer won't automatically sit in the shell holder. Been eyeing these knew higher technology ones that all the f class guys have. Then this thread pops up! Very cool of you to give back to the community i applaud that!! And kudos to whoever gets this item!!

If 10 of us donated $50 a piece that should cover most of your cost. I know you are not asking for help but some of us would be happy to contribute. It's not often in today's world we see this kind of generosity. Perhaps we could sponsor a kid to attend your course.
Sorry, didn't mean to high jack the thread.
Daryl

If 10 of us donated $50 a piece that should cover most of your cost. I know you are not asking for help but some of us would be happy to contribute. It's not often in today's world we see this kind of generosity. Perhaps we could sponsor a kid to attend your course.
Daryl
This was meant for Orkan but Ben, send me the info, I happy tohelp.

This was meant for Orkan but Ben, send me the info, I happy tohelp.
I sent the pm between your two messages. Was wondering since the quoted post was referring to my earlier post but mentioned the course. Seeing the second one made it clear... Thanks for anything you can help with.

Daryl
Hadn't thought of it for this deal, since I just have this one used unit ready to go. However, if you search for Santa's CPS Fund, you'll see this is something we did this past Dec. Very likely will do something like that again this year. :)

Well, I deserve it because my Mother-in-law just drove off a cliff with my wife, and I'm really sad. 😭 (They were in my new truck. o_O)

Uh, wait a second, that only leaves me and the dog and nothing to do but reload! 🥳 Never mind...!

Seriously, please post a link to the tool, I'd like to check it out. (Never mind, I see your email address and will look it up.) I have the old RCBS hand-priming tool that uses the strips (that they just discontinued last year; wish I had bought two) that I really like, but a bench mounted tool would be fantastic and might be worth the investment.

Kudos to you for giving it away to a deserving poster, as I'm sure you guys could easily sell it at only a slight markdown. 🙏

Last edited:
Well if I have to make up a story to enter, then.....both of my arms fell off, I wore out my teeth putting bullets on top of the cases to seat them, I'm blind in one eye from a primer going off while trying to seat it with my toes and feet with a Lee tool and I'm old and my toe strength isn't what it used to be. 🤣 But I am a Journeyman Machinist and I love using and admiring other machinist's work. BTW...only the last part is true.

Last edited:
Well if I have to make up a story to enter, then.....both of my arms fell off, I wore out my teeth putting bullets on top of the cases to seat them, I'm blind in one eye from a primer going off while trying to seat it with my toes and feet with a Lee tool and I'm old and my toe strength isn't what it used to be. 🤣 But I am a Journeyman Machinist and I love using and admiring other machinists work. BTW...only the last part is true.
Hey, that's good! Should definitely be a finalist at least. But with no arms or teeth you'll have to pull the handle of the CPS with your gums. 😊 I agree, it is a fine piece of machinery and a Journeyman Machinist's opinion carries a lot of weight.

Hey, that's good! Should definitely be a finalist at least. But with no arms or teeth you'll have to pull the handle of the CPS with your gums. 😊 I agree, it is a fine piece of machinery and a Journeyman Machinist's opinion carries a lot of weight.
Yeah and I'm glad it has a primer feeder.....putting those little suckers in that little hole one at a time with my tongue is really starting to wear on me.😁

We had a customer call with a problem with their CPS. Apparently the handle "broke off." The customer had the attitude that there was something wrong with our design or we delivered a faulty unit. The nature of the problem didn't make any sense to me, but whatever. So we overnighted them a new CPS and a label to return the old one to us. We get the old CPS back... and this is what we find.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

It's pretty obvious the guy didn't have the handle screwed in but a thread or two. Not sure how this is our fault, but ok. I guess some folks just don't want to take responsibility for anything. Suffice it to say, it's tough not to get bitter when customers treat you this way. The right thing to do when you screw up like this, is to be honest and pay for replacement parts. That shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this thread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS totally free of charge!
I have a friend, Justin S., that served in the Gulf War and he is just now getting into shooting/hunting. It would be a nice addition towards helping him reload his own ammo.
Happy Memorial Day to all of our Vets!! God bless all of you.
Mr. Butter

Well, if you would like to send it to Australia for evaluation by a reloader I would be happy to accept it if that's an option.
I will pay the freight, only seems fair.

The anticipation is killing me lol when is the drawing?? Coolest thing ive seen in awhile...and someones reloading room is going to get a life long masterpiece