Free CPS to worthy home.

Well as a fellow machinist I can appreciate a simple stout American made product. Also I have been cutting 2 1/4x 4 1/2 UNC Threads all week on an ancient CNC and have a real respect for nice threads

16222425902227810126140570441752.jpg

Yeah, it's beautiful, but I'll have to put it in the same category as an annealer; I just checked the price and it's pretty much out of my league for this kind of accessory. If the hand primer gets tiring I'll have to switch to priming on the Co-ax. Looks like this thing is about the ultimate primer seating tool though!

We had a customer call with a problem with their CPS. Apparently the handle "broke off." The customer had the attitude that there was something wrong with our design or we delivered a faulty unit. The nature of the problem didn't make any sense to me, but whatever. So we overnighted them a new CPS and a label to return the old one to us. We get the old CPS back... and this is what we find.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

It's pretty obvious the guy didn't have the handle screwed in but a thread or two. Not sure how this is our fault, but ok. I guess some folks just don't want to take responsibility for anything. Suffice it to say, it's tough not to get bitter when customers treat you this way. The right thing to do when you screw up like this, is to be honest and pay for replacement parts. That shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this thread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS totally free of charge!
God Bless You Orkan!!! I appreciate the way you do business and as a satisfied customer, I love using the Competition Primer Seater @Txhillbilly when reloading. Made quick and easy work seating 200 .300 PRC and .308 Win this past weekend

Hi I live in Australia and am on a military pension. I shoot competitively and try to save enough to also fund my son in his sporting endeavours. I would love the opportunity to upgrade my priming tool.
Thank you for your kind offer to whoever you select.
Cheers Bill

We had a customer call with a problem with their CPS. Apparently the handle "broke off." The customer had the attitude that there was something wrong with our design or we delivered a faulty unit. The nature of the problem didn't make any sense to me, but whatever. So we overnighted them a new CPS and a label to return the old one to us. We get the old CPS back... and this is what we find.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

It's pretty obvious the guy didn't have the handle screwed in but a thread or two. Not sure how this is our fault, but ok. I guess some folks just don't want to take responsibility for anything. Suffice it to say, it's tough not to get bitter when customers treat you this way. The right thing to do when you screw up like this, is to be honest and pay for replacement parts. That shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this thread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS totally free of charge!
Thanks for passing this on to someone in need, very generous!
I'm a 24 years of service Military retiree, I load for my Wife and two sons, (and their friends that we take shooting). I am a disabled vet but my hands still work pretty well, thankfully since I work as a gunsmith. I appreciate the beautiful design and machining you have done. I think the Fire Chief should get it and I appreciate your consideration and generosity.
Thanks, JB

Last edited:

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

If he couldn't figure this out, he doesn't need to be hand loading ammo. I'm not being sarcastic at all. Really, he's going to encounter way more complex issues than not being aware that the handle needed to be threaded all the way in along with the fact that he could not correct the issue for himself. Again, no sarcasm in that. Just my honest opinion.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

I don't have anything to add, just my grandson will one day get all of my toys. I think of all the times he has crawled into my lap to help me trim my brass, seat primers and load bullets. He never wants to play with the toy his parents provide for him. He only wants to play with my toys, because I have the best toys. So sometime much later I hope he will get everything in my toy chest and a man can never have to many toys.

Ace

Not. Sure. What. The. CPS is and How it. Works, but after. This thread. I am. Very. Interested in. Learning. About it ! I've. Used the. RCBS. Priming tool. Bolted to my. Bench For. 35. Or 40 years ! I'm an old dog but I'd love to. Learn. More !!!

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

Hi, I'm a member of Amvets 333 in Swannanoa, NC. We have a small (100 yds) pistol and sight-in range, and I teach reloading classes there every first and third Saturday for members and their families. We have a small Lee hand primer that we use for priming, and really could use a bench priming tool. Thank you for this opportunity, and your generosity. G. Cody, 221 Westwood Ave., Swannanoa, NC 28778.

Orkan this act speaks highly of you and your generosity sets an example we all should strive to achieve.
I hope you are rewarded with many new customers.
I've never heard of one and don't need one but am going to look into purchasing one just based off his generosity! Says a lot about an individual!!! Pay it forward my friends!!!