Free CPS to worthy home.

We had a customer call with a problem with their CPS. Apparently the handle "broke off." The customer had the attitude that there was something wrong with our design or we delivered a faulty unit. The nature of the problem didn't make any sense to me, but whatever. So we overnighted them a new CPS and a label to return the old one to us. We get the old CPS back... and this is what we find.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

It's pretty obvious the guy didn't have the handle screwed in but a thread or two. Not sure how this is our fault, but ok. I guess some folks just don't want to take responsibility for anything. Suffice it to say, it's tough not to get bitter when customers treat you this way. The right thing to do when you screw up like this, is to be honest and pay for replacement parts. That shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this thread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS totally free of charge!

Very nice of you to offer this priming tool to a deserving member. Ive got plenty of limitations with neck, back, copd, cousin arthr . We all have our crosses to bare and although i could definitely use a quality priming tool , i think others on here have proven they are in more need than i am.
I hope your gesture returns 1000 fold to your business. Best of luck to all those in the running !

We had a customer call with a problem with their CPS. Apparently the handle "broke off." The customer had the attitude that there was something wrong with our design or we delivered a faulty unit. The nature of the problem didn't make any sense to me, but whatever. So we overnighted them a new CPS and a label to return the old one to us. We get the old CPS back... and this is what we find.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

It's pretty obvious the guy didn't have the handle screwed in but a thread or two. Not sure how this is our fault, but ok. I guess some folks just don't want to take responsibility for anything. Suffice it to say, it's tough not to get bitter when customers treat you this way. The right thing to do when you screw up like this, is to be honest and pay for replacement parts. That shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this thread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS totally free of charge!
I'm a Hunter Ed instructor for CA. I have a friend up in ID who is a regional HE coordinator. He runs a number of youth training classes including reloading. We are trying to equip them with the tools needed for hunting and target shooting. ID has very limited funding so much of it comes out of our pockets. I'd like to toss my hat in the ring for consideration. We would certainly put that tool to good use. We are spending in excess of 5k this coming week buying out an estate specifically for use in the youth training program. My speciality is black powder, both cartridge and muzzle loading. If you would like to read a couple of my articles relating to our camps just email me and I'll pass them on

sincerely,
Reece Talley

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

Cost?

Fellas, you don't get to just be "I'll take it." You need to make a case for why you need/deserve it or why someone you know needs/deserves it. I like good stories... just ask @MagnumManiac. ;)
I am interested. I don't get to shoot nearly as much as I like. I am a tanker pilot for wildland fire and my summers are away from home for 5-7 months. So we shoot our butts off after hunting season is done, trying to get to as many matches as we can. My wife who is also in wildland fire has recently got in to PRS has shown interest in reloading. (A miracle in itself) I think this could be a great first anniversary gift.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

So........I'm like. "Okay........what the hell is a CPS!!???" So..............Google "CPS and reloading"??? And I learned something from this forum today. At $600 this isn't a cheap date, and congratulations for giving away to someone who can use the item. I get what you have posted about how some people can "adjust" the truth to fit their needs. It "is" apparent

I've been gathering parts for the volunteer fire department I am chief of to do a rifle raffle. Have top tier barrel and stock manufacturer committed. Adding something like this as an add on or second draw would be awesome and possibly draw more people in, if not claimed yet.

But our location is Lee County Kentucky. One of the most economically distressed areas of the country. Our local government has no funding to support the expensive nature of running a fire department (almost $3k per member just for gear to wear that only lasts 10 years), add on apparatus maintenance, other equipment such as extrication tools, etc...

Our fund raising was already down 95% for 2020 because of covid restrictions in place within the state, and put in place by state fire commission, then 2021 hit even harder. We were covered in ice for the half of February, then when the ice and snow started to melt, we also got hit by historic raining, being the city where the 3 tributaries of the Kentucky River come together, led to historic flooding which made national news (https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/02/us/kentucky-flood-vaccine-boat-rescue/index.html). The local business that normal make donations are fighting now just to reopen or rebuild. So I am forecasting almost no local fundraising funds, which typically makes up 85-90% of our total fundraising.
I wish I had read this sooner I just gave a bunch of extra stuff I had away. Next time I clean house I'll post it first

Not for me, for the worthy cause I support - The TX Juniors High Power Team, a 501c3 organization. We support 18 kids this year, and we plan to take all of them to Camp Perry. To generate funds, we raffle off donated rifles, and other stuff. Every year the Bayou Rifles in Houston provides the venue for a mid range match where all the match fees and concession proceeds all go to the kids' kitty.

We get support from Shilen in form of blanks and I spin them up, so the kids get their barrels for almost free. The organization buys the barrel extensions and flash hiders, masquerading as crown protectors. No such thing as kid proof or GI proof.

If you donate the CPS to the organization, I can have the team management send you an official 501c3 document for your donation.

If we were to get it, we can decide whether to use it to support the kids (we do have have 3 kids who are very competitive at the national level who earned their Distinguished Rifleman's Badge before turning 17 and 4 more with points on their way to get their badges) or raffle it off to generate more funds for the kids. As the donor, you can dictate how you want it used.

Thank you for your generosity.

I don't have any joint issues or Health problems that prevent me from hand priming. I could just buy a CPS if I wanted to. And I do want to. I've Just used the money for other needs instead.. I don't have the best story as to why I need it other than a luxury item. I've only ever won 1 thing in my life. But that's okay. Other people " need" more than I "want". But it would be cool to have it ! That's my argument. If you can call it that! Thanks, Kreedmire.

I have trouble at times. I have a Meningioma that presses against the brain and causes spastic movements and weakness in my arms and hand. This would make it easier during times where, due to tumor, prevents me from using a hand help primer. There may be other's more justified, but figured I would jump in with my need. Being I am 65 with Sarcoidosis, Bronchitis, retinal uvietis, degenerative disk disease and post op 5 spinal and cervical surgeries, definitely would help my reloading skills. Living on SS alone, also.

I do volunteer work with victims of domestic violence teaching them to hold their heads up, defend themselves, and get back to leading somewhat normal lives. As part of that training I spend quite a bit of time teaching weaponry, knives, pistols, shotguns and rifles. I find the rifle range is the easiest place to get most of these people used to firearms before burning pistol ammunition. I use .22s to teach the basics then move to center-fire rifles at 300-500 yards. I've found longer range shooting is where they learn to make each shot count. I have found that proficiency with pistols (their primary defensive weapons) comes much faster after that.

I pay for everything I do out of pocket, so anything that helps me do a better job reloading would be greatly appreciated.

I only read a couple of the other replies, but I presume you've heard from many people worthy of this primer seater. If it comes my way — great. If not, I really appreciate you sending it to a good home. Thank you from all of us!