Problem with CPS

I vote for selecting a recipient with the following qualities:

1. Attempts to share knowledge, tasteful humor or great stories with every post
2. Doesn't chastise other posters when it's apparent they were trying to help (even if their advice is wrong or not relevant)
3. Exhibits patience and understanding in all exchanges

Last edited:
I'm only a nice guy to people that conduct themselves in an honorable fashion. When people demonstrate that their feelings and their inferiority complex are more important to them than the truth... and they want me to come to fairytale land and affirm their idiocy, I'm not a nice guy at all.

They are the same kind of people that think men can get pregnant. That's why you and I got along... you're not an idiot. ;)

I've had the same conversation about primer seating depth methodology hundreds of times. The same one I had with @QuietTexan and countless others. One person out of a thousand complains about me trying to "talk over their head" and "give them a sales pitch." I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is. Everyone else thanks me for my insight and time. I pride myself on explaining extremely complex topics in very simple terms. Mentoring shooters is what I do. It's what I do for a living, not just a hobby. Some people are just incapable of understanding the reality at hand, and they think that's my fault. Then they think they can badmouth and disrespect me, and I'm suppose to talk to them still. lol

Nah, I think not.

I got this guys CPS back and a refund check has been issued.

To celebrate never having to deal with him ever again, I'm giving that CPS away here in this thread. Don't worry, I checked it over... and as suspected, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. So when you get it just give me a call and I'll have the same chat I had with @QuietTexan and everyone else that ever wants to learn how to properly prime brass and you'll be priming like a pro in no time.

So, how should we choose who gets this CPS? I'd like it to go to someone that's actually going to use it. If you'd like a CPS, advocate for yourself here... then we'll let those that already have a CPS vote on who gets it? I'm open to better ideas. :)

Remember folks, you'll never find someone attacking someone else on the internet, that has a life you'd want. They are all miserable with crappy lives. If they couldn't rip people down on the internet all day and try to prop up their lack of experience with their false claims of authority... they'd die right then and there.

So ignore them... and let the angry stupid people do what angry stupid people do. They are posers. Most of them don't even shoot. Don't even acknowledge their presence. Instead have a look at the smile on my face with my 82" pronghorn from this year, with my new 7 PRC Primal carbon fiber build from Stratton Custom Rifles.

Live a life full of joy and when someone decides to attack you... ignore them. It's not your job to make them like you. Go do all the things you want to do and leave them right where you found them. You don't have to tell them to go to hell, because they are already there. Let them tantrum like a little toddler while you walk away with a smile.

Now lets find this CPS a proper home. :)

Thank you for the refund, I appreciate that you stand behind your products.

I vote for selecting a recipient with the following qualities:

1. Attempts to share knowledge, tasteful humor or great stories with every post
2. Doesn't chastise other posters when it's apparent they were trying to help (even if their advice is wrong or not relevant)
3. Exhibits patience and understanding in all exchanges

Well ****, that leaves me out

As bad as I want one of these units, I honestly don't think my shooting skill level would see a difference.

I use the Co-ax function currently. I hope whoever gets it will see the benefit, I just don't think I am that individual.

Good luck everyone!

Thank you Greg for the opportunity and kindness.

I have wanted to try the CPS for sometime now. I have no doubt that it is a good reliable unit. I'm always looking for a used one to buy but nobody wants to get rid of them. That's an indication of good product. I will get my hands on one adventually. Keep on innovating Greg and making great products and videos!

That sure is appreciated dude! I expect nothing of course, but I would sure use it a lot and appreciate it without question đź‘Ť
It's yours.

I've got in-person mentorship monday/tuesday... but give me a call wednesday and I'll get your information and tell you everything you'll want to know to get the most out of precise priming. Just to spare you the suspense, I'm going to try to get you to buy a PrimeWhere... just like everyone else I have that discussion with... because in order to tune your primer seating depth to the ignition in your rifle, you're going to need the ability to measure your seated primers to within +/- 0.0005, that's plus or minus five ten thousandths AT MINIMUM, and I had to invent and patent a tool to do it correctly, and it's the only tool that will do it reliably, and due to my patent, for the next 19 years minimum will BE the only tool to do it like this. So don't get all shocked when I say "hey, you really need this if you plan on tuning with your primers." If you're going to get mad at me introducing you to this reality... let me know now, and we can save both of us a lot of trouble.

...and in case you're wondering, digital drop indicators that can reliably measure to one ten thousandth and have blutooth and data logging capability are not cheap. The rule is simple... you need a measuring tool that can resolve 1 order of magnitude better than the measurement we're trying to actually measure. (10x) So if we want one thousandth capability, we need a measuring device that can reliably hold 1 ten thousandth. This is not a trivial piece of equipment.

Even if you were only going to load for one cartridge and one rifle ever... you still need it, because it's the linear measurement from the bolt face that matters here. So if you use the clicks on the CPS to conduct your test, and find the perfect seating depth for your rifle... all you'd have to do is change lot numbers of components or put more firings on the brass and you'd have to conduct the test all over again. With the PrimeWhere you can just dial the CPS until you hit your linear node as measured by the indicator, and you're done. It's inclusive of ALL the other variables. It's just a measurement, like bullet seating depth. Rifle to rifle, lot number to lot number... you record the center of the priming node discovered during live fire testing, and that's where you prime to. Primers have significant deformation, and the tolerance stack on all priming tools will vary depending on the amount of force they receive. So the tools themselves, as well as the primers and brass, will flex and spring back in varying amounts which change due to the variations in not only component size, but friction differential between the pocket and cup. This means that even if primers of different lot numbers were inserted perfectly identical each time, they'd end up somewhere different in relation to the bolt face. When armed with a little knowledge, no other priming system can possibly match what the CPS and PrimeWhere are capable of together... and that isn't my opinion, it's a 3rd party verified fact many times over. There are countless more variables to discuss around this operation, and I'll be more than happy to take you through all of them as well as lay out an easy to follow testing methodology for you.

Nearly every day I get a call from someone that wants this all explained, and as I've spent more effort solving this priming issue than any man living, I'm more than happy to have the conversation with anyone that asks. "Famous" F-class shooters, super demanding varmint hunters, Hall of Fame benchrest guys, or just some dude that wants to shoot better. Literally EVERY SINGLE PERSON has reported back that they found benefit in the equipment and the methodology. That means when they listen, they are shooting smaller more reliably. ...and I find it hilarious that some of them say stuff like "hey, can you not mention to anyone I spoke with you about this?" Sure man... I'll protect your fragile standing in the world and help you make sure everyone thinks everything you do is all your own doing.

Yet as we are all too aware, some people simply can't or WON'T listen. They are broken NPCs that can't think. They want the information you have, but they want to be talked to as if it were their idea in the first place so their little baby egos aren't hurt. We've all dealt with someone like that. I'll turn my back on them every time and keep that time available for those people that actually want help.

I'm going to continue to be eternally grateful for Gods blessings in the form of the gifts I've received, and also for those people that understand what I'm trying to do here. I'm not going to lose sleep or deal with those that don't or won't get it.

Now, lets find someone else that needs a CPS too. I've got a few blems sitting here. Just a little scratch or scuff or something on them. Most probably won't even notice it. Lets get another good home found.

It's yours.

I've got in-person mentorship monday/tuesday... but give me a call wednesday and I'll get your information and tell you everything you'll want to know to get the most out of precise priming. Just to spare you the suspense, I'm going to try to get you to buy a PrimeWhere... just like everyone else I have that discussion with... because in order to tune your primer seating depth to the ignition in your rifle, you're going to need the ability to measure your seated primers to within +/- 0.0005, that's plus or minus five ten thousandths AT MINIMUM, and I had to invent and patent a tool to do it correctly, and it's the only tool that will do it reliably, and due to my patent, for the next 19 years minimum will BE the only tool to do it like this. So don't get all shocked when I say "hey, you really need this if you plan on tuning with your primers." If you're going to get mad at me introducing you to this reality... let me know now, and we can save both of us a lot of trouble.

...and in case you're wondering, digital drop indicators that can reliably measure to one ten thousandth and have blutooth and data logging capability are not cheap. The rule is simple... you need a measuring tool that can resolve 1 order of magnitude better than the measurement we're trying to actually measure. (10x) So if we want one thousandth capability, we need a measuring device that can reliably hold 1 ten thousandth. This is not a trivial piece of equipment.

Even if you were only going to load for one cartridge and one rifle ever... you still need it, because it's the linear measurement from the bolt face that matters here. So if you use the clicks on the CPS to conduct your test, and find the perfect seating depth for your rifle... all you'd have to do is change lot numbers of components or put more firings on the brass and you'd have to conduct the test all over again. With the PrimeWhere you can just dial the CPS until you hit your linear node as measured by the indicator, and you're done. It's inclusive of ALL the other variables. It's just a measurement, like bullet seating depth. Rifle to rifle, lot number to lot number... you record the center of the priming node discovered during live fire testing, and that's where you prime to. Primers have significant deformation, and the tolerance stack on all priming tools will vary depending on the amount of force they receive. So the tools themselves, as well as the primers and brass, will flex and spring back in varying amounts which change due to the variations in not only component size, but friction differential between the pocket and cup. This means that even if primers of different lot numbers were inserted perfectly identical each time, they'd end up somewhere different in relation to the bolt face. When armed with a little knowledge, no other priming system can possibly match what the CPS and PrimeWhere are capable of together... and that isn't my opinion, it's a 3rd party verified fact many times over. There are countless more variables to discuss around this operation, and I'll be more than happy to take you through all of them as well as lay out an easy to follow testing methodology for you.

Nearly every day I get a call from someone that wants this all explained, and as I've spent more effort solving this priming issue than any man living, I'm more than happy to have the conversation with anyone that asks. "Famous" F-class shooters, super demanding varmint hunters, Hall of Fame benchrest guys, or just some dude that wants to shoot better. Literally EVERY SINGLE PERSON has reported back that they found benefit in the equipment and the methodology. That means when they listen, they are shooting smaller more reliably. ...and I find it hilarious that some of them say stuff like "hey, can you not mention to anyone I spoke with you about this?" Sure man... I'll protect your fragile standing in the world and help you make sure everyone thinks everything you do is all your own doing.

Yet as we are all too aware, some people simply can't or WON'T listen. They are broken NPCs that can't think. They want the information you have, but they want to be talked to as if it were their idea in the first place so their little baby egos aren't hurt. We've all dealt with someone like that. I'll turn my back on them every time and keep that time available for those people that actually want help.

I'm going to continue to be eternally grateful for Gods blessings in the form of the gifts I've received, and also for those people that understand what I'm trying to do here. I'm not going to lose sleep or deal with those that don't or won't get it.

Now, lets find someone else that needs a CPS too. I've got a few blems sitting here. Just a little scratch or scuff or something on them. Most probably won't even notice it. Lets get another good home found.

Right on!!

Yeah I don't mind getting the necessary equipment and learning how to use it!

I'm a long ways away, so a Wednesday phone call should work great!