Found Primers but are they too much $$$

Continual wars use up primers, hopefully peace and primer availability will be the norm.
Scheels has been my best primer source and I check several times per week.
Small primer .22-.250 brass would promote barrel burnout.
At our Scheels the shipments usually hit the shelves on tuesday, but not always!!!

Continual wars use up primers, hopefully peace and primer availability will be the norm.
Scheels has been my best primer source and I check several times per week.
Small primer .22-.250 brass would promote barrel burnout.
Not to mention the number of weapons and ammunition we send to friendly governments as well as the number of arms and ammo we've sent to the Unkraine.

Not to mention the number of weapons and ammunition we send to friendly governments as well as the number of arms and ammo we've sent to the Unkraine.

Watch the news reports from the action in Gaza and those guys shoot it up like it's going out of style. I wonder how many burn their hands after grabbing hot barrels.

My LGS's have Rem 7 1/2 primers, small rifle types. I can use the 7 1/2's with ball powders like Win Staball 6.5 & R-S Hunter and other suitable extruded powders in 6mm & 6.5 CM loads. The 7 1/2's are hotter than other small rifle primers.

Page 2 - fig. 2 & table 1

Small primer .22-.250 brass would make me happy, preferably Lapua brass loaded with 75 ELDM's & SW4350.

I saw in a video a brief clip of federal's primer making process. I don't know how many setups that they have, but I often wonder how they keep up with demand. You'd think that there would be enough LRP demand to add another production station.

Possibly, primer production has been switched to small primers to feed a huge primer/ammo demand for export to resist the evil genius (150 plus & PhD) guy's aggression.

Last edited: